Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I recently purchased power director 11. it started crashing from the minute i used it. Not just crashing itself, but completely turning the computer off instantly. Dead. No power, no lights. Just dead. no warning, no shut down, no blue-screen of death, just : black screen. power off. fan off. cpu off. screen off.

I logged a support ticket and they got me to update drivers, update Power director, try this try that, but it still crashes. Of my own accord, I downgraded from Ultra to deluxe and it stopped crashing during editing, now it only crashes during producing, and then only 8 minutes in to producing an MP4, it doesnt seem to crash when producing AVI files. (but who uses AVI anyway).

It seems as if power director has a memory leak - if i watch the memory used in task manager, it jumps up and down from 700mb to well over 1GB as its processing. This is strange behaviour, no other programs i know do this, it is indicative of aggressive, unplanned and random memory access which is poor programing - whats to stop it accessing 4 , 5 or even 100 GB of memory randomly?

I think this program is inherintly flawwed and hence the lack of support - they simply cant fix it. Its probably just pot luck as to wether it works on a particular machine or not.
Go to: