Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Kevin - on my Win 7 PD9 ... I just took another source file (from a Panasonic SDR-S7) camera in it's MOD format... imported, did a little editing and then PRODUCE > WMV > Window Media Video 9 DVD Quality (3000Kbps)... and rendered with no issues... this clip was 26 minutes long.

I am thinking the other wmv file is the issue, for me anyways.

I'll play some more and let you know

Thanks - and I do appreciate your comments.
Kevin - I have 2 clips... one is 345M - the other is 750M

On the PD8 / Vista machine the Media Source Error message came up at the 6 minute mark... but the program was still rendering so I let it.

I was producing the video into > WMV > Windows Media Video 9 DVD Quality (2000Kbps)

It took a couple of hours to complete (video is 1 hr long)... what is interesting is at the 6 minute mark, where the error message popped up, is where the audio quit.

This video clip is of a speech... I had a camera man record > convert to WMV and forward to me... so I don't have the details of camera - I can get that info tomorrow...

I do know the audio track and the video track were recorded seperately, then mixed togther to produce the wmv file... it appears to me that it is the sound track may be messing this up.

Back to your first question... I could cut one of the clips down with the program and re-render ... but then it wouldn't be the original file... your call... let me know your thoughts - thanks.
Here something weird... I am having the same issue now.

I purchased PD9 a couple of days ago... installed it on my Win 7 machine and have completed a couple of videos with no problems.

I was having an error message whenever I opened PD9 (Launch RichVideo - RichVideo is not installed on your system. Click [OK] to install RichVideo or [Cancel] to quit Cyberlink PowerDirector)

I contacted Cyberlink Support about this ... they gave me specific instructions to unistall and re-install (and they sent me new download files)

Now the RichVideo error is gone... BUT

Today I took a wmv file, imported, did a couple of edits and transistions. Now I get the Media Source Error message when I was attempting to preview it... and when I try to produce it.

Now for the wierd part... I took the wmv file to my other machine which has PD8 installed... and I got the same Media Source Error message. Until now I have never seen this message on either of my machines...

One machine has PD9 - Win 7 64bit
One machine has PD8 - Vista

I do have a support ticket into Cyberlink - just haven't heard back yet.

Oh... one more piece of info... don't know if it is relevent.

On my Win 7 machine, the oringinal PD9 was installed in c:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDirector

The last install (new files from Cyberlink) for PD9 defaulted to c:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector

I installed it there.

I am trying to set up a simple menu for a DVD.

How do I go about getting this set up...

When the DVD starts I would like to have a

MAIN MENU that I can choose

- POWERPOINTS (slide shows I made up in Powerdirector

- VIDEOS

When you click on on POWERPOINTS the the next submenu comes up with
- Presentation One
- Presentation Two
- and so on

OR From Main Menu you click on VIDEOS and the the submenu has
- Video One
- Video Two
- and so on...-