Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
yes, but this raises another question: do camcorder manufacturers implement AVCHD coding differently, or does the software (PD7) have problems with recognizing certain levels?

considering all the posts in this forum from different users with different camcorders (Sony, Panasonic, Canon) have something in common (SVRT doesn't work) it proves the problem is on Cyberlink's side correct?

maybe someone with a camera other than Canon can do the same test above and check if we can repro?
i imported 2 clips on the timeline and clicked view->svrt info
selected NTSC/Mpeg4/1920x1080 and it shows everything as "blue" -> 100% video re-rendering.

no effects, no transitions, nothing...just 2 clips straight from the HG20.
1920x1080@17mbps.

i then clicked the "blue" svrt info portion on the timeline and clicked "check format". A window appeared with "Different file formats". The ONLY dissimilarity (marked with a "v") is Coding Parameters and this is why smartrendering doesn't work (at least in my case). I have no clue to what actually might be "different" in the coding parameters

Dimensions, bitrate, frame rate, field order are all OK.
Can anyone provide more insight on what these "CODING PARAMETERS" mean?
Dafydd, count me in also if you need more clips.
FYI, I have a HG20.
Has anyone tried applying any level of magic fix (remove shakiness) on AVCHD material?

In my case, it stabilizes it allright, but the material is useless -> looks like it's interlaced a lot, and even has short periods of overlapping frames
@pjc: same here.
my guess is that as long as the AVCHD profile does not take more than the hardcoded 16mbps bitrates, it will HAVE to re-render.

my HG20 can output 1920x1080@24mbps and 17mbps, as well as 1440x1080@12mbps and 5mbps.

none of the samples above gets smart rendered, for some reason PD7 always renders even if i just place the clips on the timeline and hit produce...

HW CUDA acceleration is awesome, look what Elemental has done with Badaboom...if Cyberlink would only reach that quality level I mean come on, i render 1920x1080@17mbps "only" down to 16mbps and i see mpeg-like blockiness on dark surfaces...
AVCHD smartrendering doesn't work. Furthermore, AVCHD rendering does not preserve original material quality when outputting to AVC.

If you have a Canon, use the bundled Imagemixer 3SE v3 software, it smartrenders perfectly.
i disabled Magic Fix on some clips in the project and it could render completely. With magic fix on, it always crashed at random times with a MS C++ redistributable components error window, saying PD7.exe crashed.
there are definately speed improvements, but far from even realtime.
for 25min material, Cuda ON 1h10min, OFF 2h50min

if you enable magic fix on the video, it takes even longer.
so far i wasn't able to finish encoding due to C++ errors PD7 simply crashes on me, at different times during encoding...haven't made it past 8% yet. Dissapointing...

Looking at the speeds Badaboom reaches (>2x realtime) for 1080 material, PD7 has a looong way to go.

Cyberlink, Please focus on AVCHD smartrendering, coupled with better support for GPU encoding/rendering The CUDA accelerated effects are neat, but i doubt there is much adoption in the community. Who wants to blur more than a few seconds of video anyway??

AVCHD SVRT (smart rendering) is broken.
I add 2 clips to the timeline with a transition and it needs almost 100% re-encoding I tried with different resolutions (1440/1080) and bitrates (5mbps/12mbps/17mbps/20mbps)....same result. I could NEVER achieve 0% re-encoding, no matter what i tried.
guys, for some reason the "use CUDA for encoding" button (3rd dialogue window when producing a Mpeg4 AVC file) is grayed out. I have CUDA enabled drivers and a 8800GT card. Using Vista x64 SP1.

I also tried the new "trial version" 7.0.2416a, same effect.

Is this normal?
CUDA for effects (Edit-Preferences-Encoding) is checked and works ok.

LE: nevermind, i didn;t have the 181.20 drivers
it works now..much faster.
Go to: