Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MagicFix on AVCHD
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone tried applying any level of magic fix (remove shakiness) on AVCHD material?

In my case, it stabilizes it allright, but the material is useless -> looks like it's interlaced a lot, and even has short periods of overlapping frames
[Post New]
Same here I'm afraid. If you use more than just a small amount of antishake the output is awful. It is a shame as the preview of the effect is great.
Davec_Surrey_UK
Newbie Location: Surrey Joined: Feb 07, 2009 05:37 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I use motion jpeg and if I use the antishake on the file prior to rendering it's not bad, but does increase the chance that interlacing artifacts can result as per my other post. Also because it uses quite a bit of the top and bottom of the Video frame (to do the antishake), then there is some quality loss when it expands the remainder to fill the frame, but not as bad as when applied to heavily compressed output.

I think the main quality problem for applying it to AVCHD is that it expands the image fields to fill the frame so it can use the top and bottom portions, then re-renders the output. In a sense kicking a man when he is down.

I suspect there is little that they can do and your best bet is to apply the antishake on material prior to compressing it to AVCHD. If your camera is AVCHD then you have no real choice unfortunately.. Intel Quad Core, NV 8800GT, Vista (32bit), Canon Powershot TX1. Editing 1280x720 (p) NTSC 30 fps motion jpeg in .avi container....to AVCHD DVDs for Blu Ray playback