Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've just been trying to render an 18 video, with strange results.

I've tried rendering in M2TS with HA enabled, but noticed that the time remaining had jumped from around 50 minutes to 1hr 45m for some reason.

I eventually discovered that the rendering time was increasing because it had actually STALLED. The rendering had just stopped dead and wasn't moving.

The MBs produced, the MBs remaining and the percentage produced hadn't moved for several minutes, indicating the video rendering had indeed halted. It always seemed to stall at 0:58:09... 58 seconds and 9 milliseconds. I also opened Task Manager to check the CPU usage for PDR12.exe, and it had dropped to normal usage. So yes, the rendering, despite still seemingly going, had stopped.

I tried several times just in case it was a one-off anomaly, but nope. Always at the same spot. I checked the video, nothing wrong with it as far as I could tell.

So I rendered WITHOUT the hardware encoder... and... it renders beyond the point where it would normally stall. So I'm guessing there is a (serious?) problem with the hardware encoder, either with PowerDirector 12 or my laptop (or both).
Thanks for the suggestion.

I gave it a try, and although I haven't tested it by rendering a video yet, after changing the registry settings, the option for using the Hardware Encoder is back with MKV and M2TS formats!

A big thanks is in order, JL_JL... so, many thanks.
Thanks for the reply.

I've (hopefully) attached a screenshot of the contents of the registry path you asked for.

The contents is unedited, and is (I assume) the same as it was when PowerDirector 12 was installed.

I should also note, that a custom MKV profile is also missing the Hardware Encoder option when I come to render the video, so now both MKV and M2TS are affected, but not MP4.

Thanks,
Alex

ALSO, just noticed I've signed in with the WRONG account, HAHA. TrueBlue1981 is still me, but for some reason I got the account details mixed up.
JL_JL - Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go the next time I'm about to render a video, and I'll see how much of a difference it makes.

garioch7 - The XPS has a max RAM capacity of 8Gb, which I will eventually take avantage in the next month or so. Strangely, recently I used another Dell, a Latitude E5500, with a 2.4Ghz C2D, which rendered videos in almost the same time, with very little heat generated.

I realize laptops aren't the best for HD rendering, but this XPS has been doing pretty well. I'm not sure how acurate AIDA64 is though, it's either teeling the truth with the temps, or they're way off (plus or minus). I have recently started to break up the projects. I used to render 1hr+ long videos, then use another software to split them into clips. Now I just trim them in PowerDirector prior to rendering. Most of my videos are 20 minutes long.

As for SVRT>... I've encountered problems with that in the past. Any video rendered using SVRT would often come out corrupt. And as I upload to YouTube, those videos are rendered unplayable. I've since stayed away from SVRT, but I'll give it another shot.

Thanks for the help!
So as the subject asks, is there any way to make PD12 use less CPU than usual when rendering?

I use a laptop (Dell XPS M1730) to edit and render my videos, and AIDA64 to monitor my temperatures. When rendering, both cores of the CPU hit 100% (not surprising) and AIDA64 reports that both cores are hitting between 90-100 degrees. This seems quite hot.

So I was wondering if I could make PD12 use less of the CPU in order to take off some of the heat. I don't mind if it increases the rendering time, but those high temps concern me a little.I couldn't find anything in the settings. Not sure if I'm missing something, or it's a setting in Windows I need to change.

A brief overview of my system :: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell XPS M1730, Intel Core2Duo @ 2.60GHz, 4Gb RAM,
nVidia 9800m GTX 1Gb x2, Powerdirector 12 (up-to-date).

Thanks to any who can help, even if it;s not good new
Go to: