Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Carl,

Could you please tell me exactly how you did the "internet thing?" Is there something somewhere I'm missing? How many activations did you have to go through to keep your codecs? When I first got the software, I installed it, registered it, and activated it. Then I went through every menu item, every effect, every transition, and every edit feature. I edited and rendered movies. To the best of my knowledge, I did pretty much everything there is to do. I even used multiple video and audio layers with chroma keying. I found no codec activation option anywhere. Where did you find yours? Could you please show me a screen shot of what you are talking about?

Thank you
OK, I just got an answer from support. I'm starting to get a bad feeling. To get the conversation started with support, I selected PowerDirector 11 for the product and filled out a form. I even said:

I haven't made any changes that would in any way affect PowerDirector 11.

Support replied with this:

I understand that you are unable to activate the codec of the PowerDirector 12 Ultra software.

So we're off to a rough start looks like. Hopefully support speaks English.

But in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

I'm the user who opened this topic, and really need some advice please. Yes, I uninstalled the software, and then re-installed from the amazon download which is still available to me. I have the original key and I'm sure I'm using the right information. PowerDirector tells me that my registration and activation were successful. Then the software behaves exactly the same way. Two codecs don't work, maybe more.

I bought the Ultra version specifically because the amazon description said it included all codecs. I didn't need the Ultimate version because it had features that I would never use. I activated and registered my software as soon as I installed it. That was less than a year ago. Like they said, it was fast and easy. I'm always connected to high speed internet. Shortly after I started using PowerDirector, CyberLink notified me about an update/enhancement package. I downloaded and installed it as well. Everything was fine and I completed activation of the product immediately.

What I am telling you is that everything was working last time I used it. Yesterday I went back to the last project I worked on and the software wouldn't load my complete media library.

There is something wrong with PowerDirector 11 Ultra. Can someone who knows what' is going on with this codec problem please help? The only thing I can think of is that I changed my email address. My original was with Yahoo and I no longer use it. That account is closed.

Thank you.
So I started my PowerDirector 11 Ultra today to quickly bang out a new project and spent the whole day debugging software. My whole day was shot with nothing to show for it.

The software wouldn't load my media libraries because two of my codecs became unactivated. It might be more than two, but I know for sure that the H.264 codec for importing mp4 files and the mpeg2 codec for importing vob files no longer work.

When I bought this software less than a year ago, the amazon.com description said that the Ultra package included these codecs. That's why I bought it. I tried re-regestering and re-activating the software and no luck. I found my old amazon receipt with the activation code. The software says registration and activation went ok, but the codecs still don't work.

I am very frustrated and don't know how to proceed. I submitted a trouble ticket with support but haven't heard anything back yet. I'll update here when I find anything out.

I really need to get going on this project though and was hoping someone here might know how to fix this problem.

Many thanks in advance.
Go to: