Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is the version of my PDR

I also attatched my DxDiag file.

PS. CPU is overclocked to 4.6GHz
Hello everyone!

This is a minor, but annoying issue that i'm having here. Everytime i try to render a .mov clip to my hard drive, i get the message CreateMovieClip error. This started happening recently, and i don't know why. When i try to render the .mov clip on my 1TB HDD, it would give me that error, but as soon as i change the location of the rendered video to 1 of my SSD's, it renders without any problems, any idea what the cause might be? PDR11 is installed on my HDD as well, and it used to work perfectly before i added a new SSD to my system and reinstalled windows.

Quote: I don't think PD really supports crossfire or sli. Been discussed previously in PD8, PD9, and I've seen nothing that it is supported in PD10, a little background here with a back to back test. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14356.page

QT mov rendering I think is a little special, what actually is doing the work I believe is the CLQTKernel....process. See it in your task manager at 20% plus another 19% for PD. Your GPU load is 0% on both cards, Nvidia does not do hardware acceleration for mov files (HA should have been grayed out on the PD produce page), you might get a little activity if you had "Enable preview" ticked.

Bottom line, you are only using your cpu for rendering, performance for mov probably depends how multithreaded the client interface to QT, CLQTKernel.... process is for your 6 cores so the answer to your question
Quote: I'm asking if there's anyway i could make PD10 use more of my CPU to render videos faster, is there a way to do that ?
not really is still my answer. Buy more cpu power.

Jeff

Yup, i guess NVIDIA & QT aren't that friendly,& you are totally right about the CLQTKernel process, it's the QT video producing process & i guess i can't do much about it,& as u know, i've got the world's second best CPU out there (after 3960X) so i can't do much more for faster rendering other than overclocking my CPU maybe, but that's it for this thread, thanks alot for helping .
double post mistake..
Quote:
Quote: Thanks for your reply, but i believe both CPU & GPU options are available for use at the same time.
Please, show me how to get simultaneous GPU and CPU rendering

Here's a picture, it fully uses 1 of my GPUs (core clock & memory frequencies) & goes up to 50% CPU usage but i guess the slow rendering is caused because producing a .mov video with PD10 doesn't support True Velocity (or hardware acceleration) but instead, it uses both but doesn't take full advantage of any of the CPU or GPU so that's my explanation to the slowness (i might be wrong though).

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2221/82486185.png

Quote: Not really, but you give very little detail on what exactly you are doing so this answer is merely a guess. You essentially have 3 options in PD available depending on what hardware and video formats you have.

1) use CL SVRT, low load on both the CPU and GPU as all unedited source footage is simply passed through to the end produced file when input and output formats are matched.

2) use GPU for encoding, or hardware acceleration as its called. Typically creates a high load on GPU as it's doing the rendering and a low cpu load as it's primarly just doing I/O

3) use CPU for encoding. Typically creates a high load on cpu as its doing the rendering and I/O and a low GPU load as it's doing very little

Is GPU always faster, not necessarily, a high end multi core cpu can outperform a mid level GPU so it depends what's under the hood.
Is CPU always faster, not necessarily, a high end GPU can easily outperform even a high end cpu so it depends what's under the hood.
During CPU encoding, are the CPU's always pegged at 100. Sometimes no, depends on what's limiting in your system. At times I/O either windows pagefile or PD can limit effective use of the cpu to render.

Do SVRT, GPU and CPU encoding produce the same quailty. Not necessary. depends on hardware and produced formats.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply, but i believe both CPU & GPU options are available for use at the same time. I have checked the "Enable OpenCL technology" as well as "Enable hardware decoding", what does that mean ? There is actually no option that tells me to only use CPU or only use GPU, & about SVRT, i can't really use it when producing a .mov QuickTime video, but i want to know how to only use cpu or gpu for the rendering process. I can also upload pictures of the settings i use if needed.
Hello once again.

I'm asking if there's anyway i could make PD10 use more of my CPU to render videos faster, is there a way to do that ? Does increasing the priority for PD10 in task manager increase CPU usage ? because i get only about 22-27% (30% max) usage when rendering very large videos & it's time consuming.
Quote: Hi Jonny93 ,
I'll deal with this from the perspective of PD10 and not with Fraps (3rd party capture software).

Ok, it looks to me that you have a high resolution image as the original with a full screen frame size and then you're rendering the video to a significantly lower frame size with a poor bit rate. However.......

1. Please can you provide information on the MP4? Please use MediaInfo, http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

2. Please use the same software for the original file and attach both as text files.

I agree the image is over pixelated and blur may be a cause BUT it shouldn't really show as what you're experiencing. That looks to be a processing issue. Please provide:
3. Diagnostic Files as per Pat B of the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

We may have a solution or not, we can only try

Dafydd

Thanks for ur reply, i figured what the problem was, as u said, i was rendering the video with the lowest bitrate possible (same resolution though), & that was causing all that mess in the colors when motion occurs, i rendered the same vid at 20mbps & everything looked almost like the original, now the only disadvantage is larger file size which takes longer time to upload on YT, but that's ok. Thanks for the help
Anyone ?
Hey everybody.

I use FRAPS to record video games, and whenever i render any video recorded by fraps to .mp4, 13mbps bitrate, high profile and progressive fps (& 30fps), the colors (or pixels ?) get really messy when any motion blur occurs in the game(s), and that only happens to the produced video, original fraps video looks great. Now i just want to know what the problem might be, i'm putting links to pictures of when a fast movement occurs and u can see how messy and bad the colors are compared to the original.

link to produced video: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4923/68594673.png

link to original video: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1926/22659871.png

PS. i use the lowest bitrate possible (13mbps) because i upload the videos to Youtube, but the messed up colors are just the same on youtube as in the rendered mp4 video.
Go to: