Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's going on here? After I've carefully muted each clip I want muted, if I insert a new clip, all the individually muted clips un-mute and I have to go through the entire video again and mute each one.

Is there a way to mute the entire track and activate the sound on just a few clips?
Seems like a simple case of a single video file perhaps being the problem. Another clip from the same camera did fine. I might convert the one problem clip into something else. Anyway, I'm fooling with it. If the problem seems bigger than that, I'll get the other info you ask for.

I'm curious about some other things though.

1. Why in PD 9 can't I put a transition at the end of a show? The workaround I finally did was to add another clip to the end of the show, put in the fade transition between them and then remove the final clip (the one I used simply so I could have the fade out. PD 8 would let you put a transition at the end.

2. One thing I've never figured out is how to mute the entire audio track of the videos, but then activate the audio on just a few of the clips. What I end up having to do is individually mute each clip so that I can have a few with sound. Seems odd with all the music videos people do that there isn't a better, faster way to do this.
I now know what it's hanging up on. It's an 320x240 avi shot by someone else's camera, I think an Olympus, but I'm not sure--the camera info wasn't in properties. My older version of PowerDirector handled this clip without a problem on another video I did.

Will downloading FFDShow help this? And where should I download FFDShow from and what exactly do I do with it when I have.

Sorry for my ignorance here. I've been happily using PowerDirector for several years without problems and without having to look under the hood, so I've got a learning curve here to go through.
I found and read another series of posts on this issue. I'm going to see if I can find out what it's hanging on at the 30% mark and start there. Then maybe install the suggested codecs. I'll let you know if that helps.
Sorry, but I don't see how to delete a message ...

I've just switched from PowerDirector 8 to 9 (ultra 64 9.0.0.2330) and now while trying to produce a video (create a wmv file), I get about 30% through rendering and get:

Media Source Error. A front-end graph streaming error occurred.

I took the advice to try again and the same thing happened.

I'm using a Dell computer with an Intel Core i7 processor, 6 GB RAM, Vista 64-bit, AMD Radeon 4800 series graphics card.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this so I can produce my video?
Go to: