Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, I was sent a direct link to the update, and it worked and also fixed my crash problem.
No ideas on how to fix this ?
I just tried putting the installer directly at the root of the C:/ drive and I still have the same error. =/
PowerDVD full Version : 12.0.1905c.56
PowerDVD SR Number : DVD120511-09 (DVD120801-09)
PowerDVD TR Number : TR120816-037
Operating System : Windows 8 Professionnal x64
Administrator or restricted user account : Administrator
Retail product or bundles with HW : PowerDVD 11 was bundled with my BR player, upgraded to version 12 recently
Used VGA : 2xGeForce GTX570 in SLI
Used VGA driver version : 310.33
Used Audio device : Headphones and my hi-fi stereo system
Used Audio device driver version : Realtek 6.0.1.6662
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) : Samsung SE-506AB (don't know the firmware version)
Used Display : Acer GD245HQ
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : DVI
Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback : 120Hz
Are you using single or dual monitor environment : Single monitor
Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD : 3D is enabled and works
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using : Windows Defender (which is Microsoft Security Essential)
Which Internet Browser Software is installed : Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 10
Do you use virtual ODD : No
Did you try with AERO on/off : Windows 8 doesn't have Aero
The detailed issue description : You have it in my first post

Here it is. Here is a screenshot of the runtime error I get when trying to install the latest patch :
Hello,

I have a simple problem, I simply can't install the patch v2118a, I'm getting a runtime error when launching it. I tried launching it as an admin but it didn't change anything. Am I the only one getting such runtime error ?

I'm using Windows 8 and I feel like this upgrade might fix the problem I have while playing HD video files (blu-ray disc or HD 3D video downloaded on 3dvisionlive.com) : PowerDVD12 simply crashes after several minutes. Last time, it was after only 10 minutes, and right now, I watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World and PowerDVD12 crashed after 30 minutes.

It's really annoying, I can't watch my blurays ! And even on Windows 8, I didn't have those bugs with PowerDVD 11 (I upgraded last week).

EDIT : I tried launching PowerDVD as admin, but it didn't change. Scott Pilgrim vs the World crashed about 30mn later. The worst is that when it crash, when I launch the BluRay again, it doesn't ask me to resume it, I have to go through all the unskippable stuff and find the chapter again to watch it.
Go to: