Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, that would be nice. I also wondered why this function is not available when enabling TTE. It seems to me like there could be a whole lot of upscaling and picture improvement options added. The options are quite limited when compared to VLC and WinDVD.

If you added the ability to use these function when playing Blu-rays too, you would have really unique features! Of course, you would have to add a warning that this may tax the user's system (my system could do this easily and I would gladly let the CPU and GPU run a bit hotter for improved picture quality). PowerDVD already uses 2-3% less CPU power when compared to WinDVD, so there's a good "headroom" already. If you managed to only use up to 3% more while upping Blu-ray quality, it would be amazing! Enabling sharpness effects for Blu-ray would make some restored movies look way better. The polish on some of the BD versions makes everything look like plastic props.
I agree, Morten! These features are neat.
What I miss for my use is better upscaling of DVDs. I watch a lot of anime, and most of the series are only available on DVD.
The upscaling of PowerDVD 12 is so bad that I get a better result when playing DVDs with VLC after going into advanced options. That's not satisfactory when I paid for a product that is supposed to have good upscaling. The main problem with the upscaling is the artifacts. Please do something about this!

The main problem when upscaling is the lines created and the motion and direct area around the motion becoming blurry. This is especially visible when you look at the mouths of anime persons when they talk. I would love if PowerDVD 13 came with an "anime mode" which adressed these problems. Until then, I will use VLC when watching anime, but there's still room for improvement here too.
Go to: