Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have not seen such problems in the rendered output.

I've learned with different systems over the years that imported photographs might lose resolution or get "stretched".

What I try to do is make sure the pixel size of the imported photograph is the same as the size that I want in the rendered output.

I do that in Photoshop, either by resizing the image or padding it with a border.

For example, if you intend to produce 1080 x 720 output, create an image background of that size and paste your pictures on it.

If your images are larger, use the photoshop resize function to make them 1080 x 720.
I agree that this effect s often better done in other tools and the resulting clip imported to PD. Although, one editing tool that does it well is Apple's iMovie.

I use the free 3D animation package called Blender (www.blender.org). It allows you to do extremely precise pan/track/zoom and all sorts of other still mage motion effects. It takes a bit of learning, but is well worth it.

This is known as the "Ken Burns Effect" (at least in the USA) because of its use by a popular documentarian of that name.

Some video editing packages include a "Ken Burns Effect" pan/zoom/track feature.

You apply motion paths in PD9 to get a similar effect.

See:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/3004.page

I hope this helps.
Many thanks for checking. (I forget enough stuff without help from Cyberlink).

Looks like the custom profiles work fine.

Cheers.
I'm pretty sure that before the latest PD10 upgrade, there were standard profile resolutions higher than 720/480 showing under the AVCHD format in the Produce tab.

After the upgrade, the only standard profile avalable resolution is 720x480/60i. However, you can create custom profiles at 1920x1080.

Am I "misremembering"?

Cheers

Wol

Dell Latitude E6510
4 Core i7
8GB

Go to: