Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You can't just add in a "type CD key here" option? Talk about a headache.
Just did a re-install of my OS, so how do I install a non-trial version of PowerDVD? I bought the program online back in Oct '12. I can fnd a trial link and upgrade links. But no full/paid link.

Thanx.
Well, yes and no. Mine still actually does it. But only when my system is mostly idle. If I am searching the web or listening to music it runs. If I fire up a game or an encoding program it goes idle. I also have over 300GB of media it's sifting through. So I don't see it being done anytime soon ;

I wonder if the "conversion" setting has anything to do with it? I know on my laptop with almost no media on it at all the app doesn't use a single CPU cycle.
Oh, is it just scanning my HDD for stuff? So eventually it will stop on it's own? I can deal with that. I don't mind it if it will stop sucking up clock cycles soon. I just feared it would do it forever and I can't have it cutting into my gaming ;

Thanx for the reply
I just boot my PC up. Let it sit while I get a cup of coffee or something. Come back and it's using 13-20% CPU (8-core, 4.6GHz). I open up the process tab and see CyberLink Media Server Monitor sucking up my cycles like a fat kid through a cupcake! I disable PowerDVD from starting on Windows boot...still happens. I have to go into my Services and disable 3 CyberLink products to get my CPU usage back down.

My question is why? Why does this happen and how do I permently disable it without removing PowerDVD from my system?

PowerDVD 12 paid version, fully updated.
Fresh install of Windows 7 Pro x64.
AMD FX-8150 oc'ed to 4615MHz
Go to: