Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I wish I had gotten the response that Mason got.

The reply I got was simply that a patch for Windows Vista compatibility would be released shortly which didn't even address my original question about how to install the upgrade since all my previous versions going back to version 3 require that the previous version be installed and version 3 won't even install on Vista.

Given that I have shelled out money for every version except version 6 since version 3, I would think that providing an installer that does not require one to perform 3 pointless installs just to upgrade a product would be simple, especially when I have documented my purchase of 4 different versions.

And I thought I was the only one... My experience matched yours, only worse.

I started out with version 3 and purchased upgrades for version 4, 5, and now 7. In order to install this "upgrade" version I have to install version 3 (which is meant for Windows 9 and then install each subsequent version until I get to version 7, except that even after running the various earlier installers in compatibility mode I discover that my version 5 disk has become unreadable.

So, $50 later I have an uninstallable piece of junk sitting there.

And this program is Certified for Windows Vista? By whom, I might ask.
Go to: