Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just followed there latest instructions...... everything installed fine : but can't frigging activate software because I don't have sodding admin rights......... round and round in fuxxxxxg circles.........

I have contacted UK trading standards as I am a software professional, what chance has a standard user have....... this is the worst encounter that I have ever had with a software supplier........ if you are reading this and are deciding if you want to buy this software DONT....... you will be wasting your money
Well I have to report that I have received 4 support call responses so far, I can now either:

1. Install a PDVD 6.0 OEM Vista Complaint version and us the upgrade. PDVD works but will not integrate with MCE or WMP11 - issue when using the 10tf experience!!!

2. Install a new retail download & new CD-key (provided by cyberlink) and then apply a patch (provided in an earlier response to me) - still no joy with MCE or WMP11......

Cyberlink support suggested that it was because I use nero to burn DVDs and its codecs could be interferring with PDVD integration.... I did a clean install of Vista and followed option 1 above....... it still did not work....... now I am just about to do a clean install to another HDD with vista and then option 2...... fingers crossed.......

All in all the support response times have been ok, but the solutions feel like they are grasping at straws........ I have not even tried HD-DVD yet......... my suggestion wait for Vista SP1 which is slated to have native HD-DVD playback included...
I have also now received a response from Cyberlink....... I was given a link to a "VISTA" compliant version of PDVD 6.0 OEM which I installed, followed by the upgrade to PDVD 7.0, excellent all installed ok. My only issues are that DVD playback in WMP11 and/or WMC are un watchable due to blocky picture rendering....... oh well did not expect to be able to watch DVD's using the software........ whatever was I thinking about :
Mason, I am also a 20+ Years Software Testing Consultant........ and your story is almost word for word my experience....... in a desperate attempt that I could activate a trial version with my new shiney CD key that I had purchased I removed everything from the PC by performing a restore, which in VISTA includes user files BTW!!! and downloaded the trial....... installed on VISAT a treat........ fingers crossed........ but alas the CD key is invalid....... but at least I could try and activate !!!! the moral of the story is....... who knows because as an aside I bought the Sonic Updat Suite as well........ you can guess the rest....... I still can;t play DVDs in VISTA....... well it's off to Tesco to buy a £18+ stand alon player that will not screw up my PC expereince
Go to: