Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Phil, that's very helpful. I clearly need to know a bit more background info before I go much further!

One thing though - I don't think you need to use PlayMemories to convert from MTS to MT2S, from what I understand they are identical and the only difference is the extension!

Cheers

J.
You're correct, and I apologise (and I'm not trolling for a fight). I *did* create a DVD (using Verbatim DVD-RW I think) and that's when I noticed that something wasn't right.

But my post to this forum was about importing and/or converting source video from my camera - *that* was (is?) where I needed help.

I assume that, having got the source into my PD project in the right format, burning the actual disk would be fairly easy.
Dear oh dear, a slightly extreme response from you, stevek? Sorry if I annoyed you, but...
What question(s) did I 'refuse to answer'? I'm at work and don't have access to my PC right now so I can't run any diagnostics - I posted what information I could recall.
As for 'choice of media', I haven't gotten as far as creating a disk yet. Similarly I don't have a 'problem' (I was only asking for advice) so I can't 'see it' on my computer - and don't understand how the solution was in your suggestions.
You haven't offended *me* and I fail to see what I did to offend *you*. To paraphrase your rather unnecessarily rude response, did you read my entire post?
Didn't think this was necessary since I'm asking for advice, not reporting an issue. However:
- Dell XPS 1645, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 1GB
- Win 7 Home 64-bit
- Latest build of PD10 with update released last weekend
- Latest video drivers installed
- Latest K-Lite codec pack installed (32 and 64 bit)
- No antivirus apart from Win Defender
- Sony .MTS video as source
- Womble MPEG Editor and Aimersoft converter also installed
Hello all

I'm new to PowerDirector, having used Womble for a few years, but pleased with what I've found so far. However I have a question & I hope someone can help.

I have recently bought a new Sony Handycam that produces HD video in .MTS format at 1920x1080 resolution, and I'd like to transfer my recorded video to DVD to watch on my standard HDTV. I've tried importing the video files directly from the camera into PD but the resulting DVD is choppy and has horizontal bars - something to do with interlacing I believe. I've also tried converting the video files before importing into PD (using Aimersoft) but the default HD resolution for the converted files is 1280x720 which seems quite a drop in quality from the original. I can force a convert to the same resolution as the originals but this takes ages and the resulting files are much larger.

I can use the supplied Sony software to import the videos directly from the camera to my PC (and convert them to non-interlaced in the process) but it's a horrible app and I'd rather not install it if I can help it.

So my question is - what is the best (and/or quickest)procedure for creating high quality DVDs from interlaced 1920x1080 .MTS originals?

TVMIA

Jerry
Go to: