Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey, setter- I HAVE to finish my taxes this week or my CPA
AND the IRS are going to kill me (or send me to jail to die). But if you still have trouble after October 15th I'd be glad to help you...

setter22- if you have trouble you can do the same stuff as I did. I have all the steps fresh in my mind and I have the link to the "magic blu-ray patch" that got it going for me. My machine is the AMD 6 core h8-1050z with window 7 64 bit with cyber version 10 just like you.
FIXED

I called HP tech support (my box is a desktop and is still under warranty). We uninstalled it, reinstalled it from the "recovery manager" program (search for it and run it) and it still didn't work (had me worried at this point but I remembered it didn't work when I got it either and had to apply a patch). The tech sent me a link to a patch, I applied the patch and it now works just like new (after the patch when it was new-LOL). The entire process took about an hour! Glad I bought the extended warranty on this thing.

After all this crap I discovered that it uninstalled the entire suite of programs so I'll have to reinstall all the other cyberlink products separately (hope it doesn't wreck the blu-ray player again!).
DVD works fine, Blu-ray disc playback crashes every time. I used to get an error after it loaded 99% but the latest windows 7 update killed it (9-11-2012). HP did not supply disk set so I can't uninstall re-install as was suggested on another thread.
Go to: