Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having played around (so to speak) with the PD trial version and other editing software trials, I have come the conclusion that PD is one of the most reliable, user friendly applications around.

When it came to forking out for the full version, I picked it up from Amazon for £45. This seemed to be good value for money given the cost of competitors and the functionality of the software.

Are we happy with PD5? Would you recommend it to a friend?

What do you like / dislike about it?

I think it represents good value for money. Its a pity about the choppy previewing - once I've got to about 5 mins worth of footage on the timeline. Having said that, I think this is a processor issue rather than a software problem. Core Duo processors will probably make this a thing of the past - I'm running on a 1.9 GHz P4 CPU. Nevertheless, I still manage to sych video clips and audio/effects together successfully as the choppiness takes a few seconds to kick in. On the whole, I think PD5 premium is great.

Now what's all this about PD6 for heaven's sake?
Is it possible to make your own menu template using a looped video clip (VOB), and then adding your own music and titles?

If so, is there any way you can blur the background and use animated transparent lettering?

Seen this done on a mac and it looked amazing.
Go to: