Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the clarification, Carl. I very quickly found a neat little keep-alive utility online. I can't imagine what other uses do when they have a large library of video unless they use firewire.
Sorry, the above message was for Carl321. Forgot to include that !
I just want to clarify something you said as I'm considering the purchase of PD 10 Ultra.

"Powerdirector needs about 100 GB of breathing room on the OS drive." Does this mean you can't specify another drive (or partition) for temporary files? I used to edit using Ulead Media Studio Pro, and it allowed me to specify a non-OS partition for temp preview files.

On another thread you said, "Editing from an external drive is a bad Idea" Does this mean the clip source shouldn't be on an external drive? I have many hundreds of GB of SD AVI files, and there is no way they would fit on my internal drive. Maybe this wasn't an issue for on Media Studio Pro as the USB external never went to sleep. Is that the issue?

Thanks so much for any clarification.

Bob
Go to: