Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, DarthBane, your discoverings found to be OK and resolve this litlle issue here, once for good!!!

I simply erase the Regedit entry "RemoteControl" from location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This location are controling mentioned
C:\Program files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe
which starts at every reboot.

After reboot, no more boring and iritating "CyberLink PowerDVD" issue reapearings in the Start Menu at all.

I also check does CyberLink PowerDVD working corectlly after this Regy modifications, well, it working fine...

Thank You!!!
I remember this huge borring thing in the last 16 years of my huge software experties only with one more software - Symantec Norton Utilities 2005...

Is that simple, you install the software, and every time when you restart PC, in this case "CyberLink PowerDVD" folder is back reapiring in the MSWinXP / MSWinXPSP2 Start Menu, olthough the fact that I remove him to some other than default location or even completelly erase him!!!

I'd like to put all my Video and similar software from The Start Menu to just one location folder in the Start Menu, because, in a case of meny software that you have installed on your PC, you soon have a huge nasty salat of all that bunch of a software showing here.

Fruthermore, I try experiment to completelly empty this CyberLink PowerDVD" folder (erase every shortcut in this location) - they are all back after PC restart - really great, ha'!!!

How to fix this with Cyberlink issue here, unfortunatelly I don't know - please, please, really help somebody .

I know just an old one: Every time when I hope that software experties will finally leave old habits and some totally unpopular ways to handle their software, another software pop up on the market with some of this historically minuses.

Like in new Windows Vista RTM - Recycle Bin on the Desktop has to options: "Empty Recycle Bin" and "Delete"; The problem goes with you automatic habitt to press delete..., well that will not empty your Recycle Bin, it will completely erase Recycle Bin Icon on the Desktop but it will not , surelly put the garbage files out in the same time. So' you will need to back engage from the Settings your good old Recycle Bin Icon back to the Dektop manually, and again, try now with proper Recycle Bin order to really empty it!!!
I made this error at least 50 times in last 2 weeks and it slowing me down in my every day job, because I need to think every time which "erase" button I need to click or pick, and to check twice just to be sure.
- Very, very nasty and totally aneadable function from my point of view.

And now we have a "CyberLink PowerDVD" folder in Start Menu litlle present for all us (a good old oldies in a new manage and way...)

Despite the fact that I really love Cyberlink, I ask please, put as back option to decide on which and where folder manipulation option in Windows Start Menu can I put just a peace of a Shortcut for the Software which I installed.

I mean, if we have a Skin option to decide, give as back a century before option of almoust every software on the World to be able to decide where I will put that particullar software shortcuts on simple Windows Start Menu!!!

Thanks everbody in advanced who can really help to fix this, a litlle funny issue here with "CyberLink PowerDVD" folder repairing in the Windows Start Menu as soon you restart your computer, despite the fact that you previous erase, or remove, or rename, or any other way manipulate with this particullar folder and with all the shortcuts in it.

P.S.: The problem reviled only when I install the "CyberLink PowerDVD 7.2 BD Edition" and not before in a previous versions of it.
Go to: