Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't know... I think I remember seeing a control for the shadow file. SVRT sounds more familiar.
Sorry, I meant to write "upgraded version of Power Director 9" how I wrote that was ambiguous.

I downloaded one of the free upgrades, which seemed to help. Now if I put MOV files in my library it shows a little yellow piece of film and if I only click it once to drag it to the timeline, it still has sound.
However, if I double click it, the little piece of film turns green and this seems to somehow delete the sound. Even if I remove the clip from my library and re-import it, it still has the green film and no sound.
I have found a work-around, however: by re naming the clip in my file explorer, I can then import this and the film is yellow again. And it has sound.
If anyone knows how to turn the green film back to yellow film within the program, I would appreciate it.
When I click on an MOV file in the media library to watch it in the preview window, it will play with audio as it was originally recorded. But if I drag it to the timeline (to make a movie), the video is only shown in the video track, with no audio track. When I play back what's in the timeline, there is no sound.

I used to put the MOV files in my default OS Windows Live Movie maker and export it as a WMV to get around this problem.
When I drug the WMV to the timeline it was shown taking up both the video and the audio track and the audio played just fine.

Aside from being tired of doing this every time I want to make a movie, W.L. Movie Maker is not working on my computer any more.
Power Director 9 still works except for what I said, and it has had this problem before the problem with Movie Maker, so I don't think they are related.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, I would be very grateful for any help.
Go to: