Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
reading further here - i think the general consesus is Power DVD 9 is just old and you need a new version (correct me if i'm wrong - basically they want us to spend money to fix a problem cyberlink can't be bothered with? - given i bought the DVD drive less than 3 months ago and the monitor less than a week ago... i'm not too impressed for sure.

if something says it's capable there is reason to believe it work as expected - especially given nearly everything has been bought within a reasonable timeframe.
I've also got a LG D2542. (well ok it's slightly bigger than the author's) but the same.

I've got it somewhat working under the same setup.

SPECS:

AMD FX-8120 (8 core, 3.1GHz)
16GB Ram
Gigabyte GV-R6950C-1GB (1 Gb Radeon HD 6950)
LG Blueray Write (BH12LS3 - Sata Drive
LG D2542 Cinema 3D 25" Monitor

Software:
Windows 7 64-Bit (fully updated)
AMD Graphics Drivers - Rev 12.3 (either current or just out of date)
Cyberlink Blueray Disc Suite (came with LG Blueray Writer)
- PowerDVD -- 9.0.3530.52

And of course TriDef 3D came with the LG monitor by the way which I can use effectively for everything BUT blueray playback.

Of note - the CD that came with the player states clearly it is capable of 3D playback.

First points i've found with this setup is:

- 2D to 3D conversion (truetheater 3D) works sweet - no issues here other than a little out of focus at times - but then it's converting on the fly

- BD 3D playworks works ok for a while but then when the 3D gets a little much for it (@ Full HD res), "glitches" appear - when i say glitches it's like the software has a moment and blots out the image for a second or 2 and what appears like full screen glitches or jitters appear.

- I am using Micro-polarizer LCD 3D which is the type of monitor that LG use for that matter (something the software is unable to detect as the monitor is not recognised - i'll talk about this in a second).

all other 3D playback (via TriDef) is working great as expected.

now the advisor software that came on the CD reckons the graphics card and monitor don't meet the specifications.

I just downloaded the latest advistor from here & i've found that the graphics card is now all good but the monitor is continuing to not be recognised even though the screen is indeed a 3D screen and i've certainly got it working just with occasional glitches.

Anyone have ideas on why this might be ??? I think this monitor has been out since late last year. though it's only just reached australian shores.

I initially had thought my graphics card didn't have the grunt but ive since worked out this is not the case - AMD themselves are calling it HD3D and it's supposed to be supported (confirmed with the latest version of the advisor). AMD also list the LG Monitor (D2542) as one of the recommended monitors to use for AMD HD3D.

Can I ask if there is intention to properly support this monitor as I'm clearly not the only person suffering with issues around this.

FYI - I'm also using the DVI cable that came with the screen (yes it's compliant) and i've also used a HDMI 1.4 cable with the same results. Works well accept for the blueray 3D playback which glitches from time to time - especially on scene changes within the movie. for example is very prevalent in TF3 3D. (interestingly i've found some movies are less effected though. - i'd be almost scared to play avatar 3d the way this is at the moment.)

PS - normal blueray playback is working fine!

regards and thanks.
Peter.
Go to: