Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, LadyA, you have at least confirmed my worst fears. I tried to get technical support for this issue and CyberLink makes it difficult. They wanted a copy of my purchase receipt, a copy of the CD/DVD with the key on it, and something else I cannot remember. I registered the product as soon as I purchased it about a year ago and no longer have the receipt. I played with the software a bit last summer but not seriously enough to note the poor image quality of my HDV capture. I am very disappointed. I used to work with Adobe Premier LE 6.0. It would capture an 8mm tape as an AVI with virtually no loss in quality. My experience has been that if you avoid MPEG-2 you rarely lose quality. I was hoping CyberLink had mastered the codecs making their MPEG-2 formats better for HD video.

Thanks again for the reply. I have squandered the purchase of the PD 9 Ultra and will now research going back to Adobe.
I am having the same issue and see no resolution anywhere in these posts. My camcorder is a Canon VIXIA HV40 HDV. Great quality when hooked directly to the TV.
I watch my HDV tapes using my Canon VIXIA HV40 HDV camcorder attached to my Samsung 55" LED TV and the pictures are crystal clear. I then try to capture them to PowerDirector 9 and it degrades the video so bad it is worthless. Since there are no settings for controlling quality on capture, I assume I bought the wrong product. Does anyone out there know of a better product for capturing HDV to the computer for editing????
Go to: