Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote: Recently I've had a problem with Wave Editor not opening.

I would normally click on a section of video, I wanted to edit the audio from, and it would open wave editor automatically and everything was peachy. But, now it just hangs there trying to open the file indefinitely.

Wave Editor only opens if it's a pure .wav file I've recorded without video. It will not open under any circumstance when it's audio embedded in a video.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It's a little frustrating because I put out regular content as a Youtube partner and my audio isn't up to scratch right now without me being able to edit it properly. Eeek! Please help.

Hi Bennion

Welcome to the volunteer forum

I'm not sure why your Wave Editor is playing up, have you tried the following:

I personally do not use this feature in PD. I use Audacity (Google it) it's free. I right click my media file in the media library and Extract Audio and then import this WAV file into Audacity.

Good luck - happy editing

Thanks for the response. But, the options you gave me didn't work either. It actually opened the audio denoise tool and appeared to be converting the file but hung up the same way the regular 'edit audio' did. Also, I downloaded the Audacity program you suggested but it doesn't allow me open an avi file and extract the audio from it. It has to be extracted before hand to use it. Great suggestions but I'm still stuck. haha.
Recently I've had a problem with Wave Editor not opening.

I would normally click on a section of video, I wanted to edit the audio from, and it would open wave editor automatically and everything was peachy. But, now it just hangs there trying to open the file indefinitely.

Wave Editor only opens if it's a pure .wav file I've recorded without video. It will not open under any circumstance when it's audio embedded in a video.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It's a little frustrating because I put out regular content as a Youtube partner and my audio isn't up to scratch right now without me being able to edit it properly. Eeek! Please help.
Go to: