Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
its finally fixed in version 13. I had this bug for an entire year on version 12. I logged several support tickets, but to no avail. they just told me ti keep switching audio manually.
Hello,

I am just wondering whenever I watch a 3D movie, whether its upconverted from 2D to 3D, or Half/Full BS or a native 3D blu-ray, I do not understand why it does not fill up the full screen real estate on my LG LED 3D TV. Like it re-sizes the movie maintaining the same aspect ratio but on a smaller size. Watching the same source on my PS3 and enabling 3D does not do this?

My Situation is similar to this, but the fix he claims does not work for me: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/379851-33-fullscreen

I have a passive 3d TV.
Yes
I was wondering if someone can help me with this. If I can get his fixed, Ill be the happiest person.

my Dxdiag file: http://csupload.cyberlink.com/upload-file/support/cs/2012-05-23/CS001149152/CS001149152-1337836227281-0.txt

I am connected to 3 monitors. 1 DVI monitor (through display port cable), 1 VGA monitor, 1 HDMI 3d led tv.

I have an issue where when I click on the 3D button when watching ANY video, it turns black and freezes my computer. However when I do it from my LG remote it works kind of. When I say Kind of, I mean that it goes into 3D mode but the 3D is off to the right (like you see double images). The samething does not happen when I stream an avi file using my PS3 and use my TV to put it in 3d. The source of the file is a half sbs 3d avi.

i have power dvd version: 12.0.1312.54. SR #: DVD110722-02 I have chosen not to update to the latest version because I have issues with that update giving me a truncated video problem as per my previous ticket (CS001135535).
Quote: Hi
I did have same problem black screen or freze when I try play mkv files in 3d fullscreen or in fullscreen. It was not powerdvd 12 fualt. I manger track it down to amd catalyst driver 12.4 issuse. When u try install it, check see if really say 12.4 in the controll panel if not. you need do follow step.
1. unstall all amd/ati drivers for the graphice card include the mangers.
2. restart the systsem to normal windows mode.
3. reboot now to safe mode (do not try take any short cut if u do, u end up and start from 1. )
4. run driver sweeper in windows safe mode, and select all ati and amd and realteck drivers. (other wise it refuse install the driver proper)
5. and press on analasying and clean the setting.
6. after it run one time, restart windows to normal mode.
7. u will now see windows at res 800x600 screen (vista/win7) 640x480 (xp/2000).
8. install u catalyst 12.4 now
9. after it install reboot the system.

the solv was partly taken from sapphire forum for their amd 7770 card. from people that have audio issue with catalyst drv and they disover the 12.4 was not propper install.

Thanks for the advice, but still no luck. I moved onto Corel WinDVD Pro. Although it has a limited feature set, it works as advertised. I really wish PowerDVD 12 would Just work (bc I love the features), but what good are they if they dont work. The only thing I regret is purchasing this software.
Quote: I am also having this issue. Windows 7, nvidia gtx 550 ti. Should I file a support ticket?

You must file a support ticket. They need to know tgis issue is widespread and not just effecting a small user base. Its not even on their list of known issues.
Quote: go to PDVDLaunchPolicy properties and check compatibility for windows 7. check administrator.

worked for me

Thanks for the tip, but it did not work for me. I fear to update my version to the latest one, given the issues. I cannot believe I spend $90 on the ultra 12 version. The program has issue after issue. Here are several issues I have had

-Issue with video in full screen mode (truncated at the top)
-Issue with switching audio devices. Constantly crashes windows audio driver. I set Cyberlink to use the HDMI audio, still uses PC speakers and sometimes crashes.
-Issue with android remote app streatched out and non-functional (Update: fixed via app update through market place)
-Issue with PowerDVD crashing my computer when 3D mode is used to convert 2D to 3D on a 3D HDTV plugged in via HDMI through my computer. (Although I suspect the issues lies more with the fact that I am running 3 screens (HDTV, 2 monitors AMD Eyefinity)

I am afraid to update, and there is no point seeing as how none of my issues will be addressed. Honestly I like the player and the feature set, but whats the point if it doesn't work stably. Further no one has gotten back to me regarding my support tickets in over a month. Why should I have to pay for phone support.
It works, but I do not like running in compatibility mode as it degrades picture quality (barely but Im a quality nut), and sometimes Power DVD running in compatibility mode will just self exit.
Hi Michael,

My ticket # is CS001135535. Thanks
I also have this problem after the new update, had to roll back to the previous version before the patch. Cyberlink has not answered my ticket in more than a week.

This occurs regardless of the video format. i am connected to a LG 3d LED HDTV via HDMI.
Go to: