Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Have you looked at this post?:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/43746.page

It "might" help you with your issue.
That user had an issue with a bad download.

It's more likely that the original download and the 2nd download were 2 different release versions.

That being said, if you read through all that have posted thus far, I have done this.

What I have not done is reinstall windows. I find it absolutely absurd that I should be expected to reinstall my OS to use a single program. At this point I am highly doubtful that would make any difference. No other program on my PC is having any issues whatsoever. My system logs are cleaner than a level 3 clean room.

I do appreciate the suggestions, but video editing is what I dabble in. My day job is supporting computers, servers, networks, etc. I am no stranger to dealing with software issues. I should point out that Director 9 and 10 worked flawlessly on this hardware.

I've already put in a request for a refund.
Tried that.

Here were the steps I took:

Uninstalled, reboot
Ran Windows Update, reboot (3x's)
Re-downloaded the software, (FYI THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY THE 2604 PATCH as the LATEST download is ALREADY 2604)
Video driver is always current (I'm a gamer )

Fired up, crashed in less than 10 seconds.
2604 is the version I started out with, it's the one that crashes ALL the time.

2822 is what made the crashes go away but now I am unable to create a disk.

I've also tried to reinstall PD13 twice now, same results. Windows is fully updated, etc.
I recently purchased PD13 and it worked ok for a few days. Then the program started to randomly crash and give me the screen to send the report.

It started to crash after importing media and dragging said media to the time line.

Then it started to crash during the media import (any media).

Then it started to crash within seconds of starting up. There were times it would crash and I wouldn't be presented with the box to send the error report.

I installed the latest beta patch and the crashing stopped. Now I am unable to create a disk via direct burn or creating an ISO.

I went back to my old laptop where I still had power director 9 installed and it still works. (imagine that).

I'm feeling a bit swindled for $60 here. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or should I just reverse the charges on my CC?

Thanks!
Go to: