Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
guess i will be producing to the c: thanks for the input and everyones help.

are the dual layer dvd's compatible with everyday, cheap dvd players?
interesting. my c: drive is also raid but it is simply for mirroring. its my d: drive that is raid 5 with 6 drives. do we have to produce to a c: drive and not a d: drive? that would be odd. I didnt do anything else but change the path to the c: and it worked without crashing. I will still post the answers to parts A and B asap. strange huh?
after successfully producing the two videos I was able to burn them to dvd using imgburn. i will test out PD burning next.

Does anyone know why my system was crashing when producing to a raid array? as soon as i attempted to produce to the c: drive there was no problem.
I will do that.

I am happy to say that i have finally been able to produce the first video without crashing. It is attempting the second one now.
in case it helps I am using a server with dual zeon cpus, 4 cores each with 36 gigs on ram. I hope there is not an issue producing to a raid arrray. the reason i say this is because i changed the produce path from the raid array to the c: drive and it didnt crash. sorry for not having patience right now. i was hoping for a good out of the box experience.

I am still having a hard time believing that i should burn the dvds using a third party app. i will use both PD and another app and will see if there is a difference. that would just be unacceptable if a free app does a better job at burning the final product.
is there any chance of getting a refund?

I have tried again and again today. I simply am trying to "produce" a 45 minute video. I have started it 4 times and it crashes my system each time. this machine is very stable. it runs a professional DAW all day. I never have this problem.
I cant believe people are suggesting that we burn our produced videos with another app like imgburn. does this program suck that bad? I work in IT so having some "tech" tell me to update my video and sound drivers is not the answer.
Is anyone else having these issues?
I have given this app a few weeks and I still find it very un-intuitive. I use a professional DAW and I am very familiar with non linear editing. Sorry to start this off negatively but I am not happy at all. The user guides/manuals are horrible. they give top level info but do not dive into it.
I have a very simple project that i just cant seem to finish. Please help.
the original video files look decent. they came from a digital camcorder from the past 10 years or so. total length is apprx 1 1/2 hours. after "producing" it, I have a 6.3 gig file which of coarse cant be burned on a dvd. How do you burn 2 dvds with a part 1 and part 2? I believe this is the only way for it to look ok without compressing too much. so far, i just put 1/2 of the clips on one track and the other 1/2 on track 2. disable one track and produce and then reverse that.
Next part -- I simply want to put the dvd into a dvd player and have a jpg show up. I believe this is called the menu. I dont care if it has a "play" button. I just want the jpg to show up and then by whatever means have the video start playing. no chapters, no monopoly, no video menu etc. the menu creation is driving me insane. it always has "my chapters" and part 1,2,3 etc. how do you get rid of all of that and just have the picture?
I have been reading about people using nero or imgburn to actually burn the dvd's after producing them. really? what is the problem with this app? does it not burn dvd's very well causing people to use a third party app to burn?
Go to: