Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As a follow-up, I contacted Technical Support directly for this. This is the response.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with the Bu-ray playback in PowerDVD 9 OEM version.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that as the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2010 April may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version.

As you are using an OEM version that came with LG, I would like to inform you that OEM version softwares are customized version by the hardware manufacturers like LG etc. You have received the special customized version of the CyberLink software which is shipped with LG products only.

Since, we do not have much information about the features and internal architecture of the software therefore, I suggest you to contact LG for further help with this software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Tracy
CyberLink Technical Support

So basically CyberLink wants us to go to LG support with this even though it is their own product, obviously? WTF? You can guess that LG will just tell us "CyberLink is responsible"...

Did anyone try with a 3D Bluray from before the mentioned date?
I believe I have the same issue. I also got the PowerDVD version that was bundled with the LG drive. It is supposed to play 3D, but I only get 2D playback. My 3d monitor *does* go into 3D mode, I can see that on the OSD of the monitor. nVidia 3D Vision works like a charm, and I can play back 3D videos using Stereoscopic Player (which doesn't support Blurays though, so I *need* PowerDVD 9 for that). So we can rule out that anything is wrong with the 3D playback of the system. It has to be PowerDVD 9.

For the record, I'm using the 3D Bluray of "Pirates of the Carribean 4".

PowerDVD 9 Version 9.0.4322.52
SR Number DVD110707-06

If you are unable to resolve this issue for PowerDVD 9 within the next few weeks, why not just give us PowerDVD 11 then? It seems to work there, judging from the trial!
Go to: