Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the info, Jeff.

I suppose i only have myself to blame as my post shouldn't really be on the version 9 forum. It seems PD has gone backwards on version 10 as the burn choice is either disc OR folder. Additionally there is no 'OK, I accept the VOB files might be too big to fit on the final disc" - it just says the estimated disc will be too big, at thats it.

I'll take a look on the version 10 forum, but haven't seen anything so far, that's why I put it on here - hoping that it would be similar.

I understand the concern regarding the outer part of the disc, so perhaps I'll just have to live with this. Perhaps this will also mean I get less errors when playing them in the future

In regards the menu structure - yes this will have some bearing, but appears to be more on the number of files associated with each VOB (such as *.IFO, *.BUP) eg If I have it return to main menu after each chapter/title then it creats a lot more of these files. However, as they are a small size it shouldn't case much of an issue.

Thanks once again, S
Thanks for the input guys, although I'm trying to make a 8.5Gb disc (not a 4.7Gb one).

Reading between the lines, it seems that it isn't possible to make a full 8.5Gb disc...

So I'll just have to build another bookcase/DVD rack

umm, I suppose I could output each track/chapter to an avchd file and then use a 3rd party software to generate the DVD... or perhaps PD estimates it better from those files?

S
Thank you all for the advice, especially you Carl312, its been useful, although the software is somewhat frustrating!

My query
You have indicated that the way around the incorrect disk calculation is to select 8.5Gb, but what if you are trying to make a dual layer disk?

Because of the incorrect calculation I'm making the project larger than required so that (the hope anyway) once the files are created they will use the complete disc (currently a 8.5Gb project 'boils' down to ~7.5Gb), rather than wasting some disk. I'm using PD 10 and creating a HDD folder but it indicates I have insufficient disk space ("The size of the imported files exceeds the amount of available disc space") - there is no option to ignore this warning...

Thanks in advance.
Simon

Go to: