Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This Reply serves to confirm a problem previously identified within this thread and provides a way for Vista Users to get around the condition.

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased, installed and registered a copy of PowerDirector 10 Deluxe. Software installation and subsequent application launch both seemed normal. Attempt to launch the video editor resulted in a black window quickly flashing on the video then PowerDirector 10 ended. That's it!!!!

A second launch of PowerDirector 10 followed by a click on the video editor and a depression of the PrtScr key the instant the black message window popped up captured a copy of the black message window. Other software was used to crop and save the black message window. (see attachment)

I'll cut short the several hours of research and analysis (which included discovering this thread) and simply provide Windows Vista Users (requires Admin Authority) a proven way to get past the condition:

Open Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New
Type the variable name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK
Type the value: TRUE
Click OK
Close all windows.
Launch PowerDirector 10

(Note: Anyone familiar with the DOS command line can probably accomplish the same thing with the SETX /? command. The DOS command SETX /? displays the command's syntax.)

Those are not the preferred nor recommended methods for permanently fixing the condition and it may or may not cause other unexplained problems. However, it is a temporary way of getting past the condition until the PowerDirector 10 software is updated.

Ironically, I started PowerDirector 10 this morning (New Year's Day 2012) and immediately got a notification of a software update. Hmmmm, I thought, perhaps they've fixed the condition. So, I downloaded and applied the 105MB or so sized update. The update had no effect on the Runtime library issue.
Go to: