Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD 11 v2024 is too old - you need to update to latest Version v2408.

please also check if you use Norton AV or Norton IS - please make sure to use latest, updated Version

Br
Michael

Ok, tried that and was still a no-go. However there is something that I found that might need to be looked at as a conflict.

In the PowereDVD settings under the Blu-ray Disc tab, go to Advanced then select BD-Live on the top bar. Look in"Local Storage / Manage and when I deleted the file for the movie in there the issue went away. But each time I play I need to go into there and delete those files that Disc puts there (or is Power DVD doing that? ) or if I don't, the picture is severely corrupted. Not sure if it was just that or was I just getting lucky? Anyway I hope that helps with the trouble shooting and IMHO that might actually be connected to the problem, or at least connected to my problem. No ideas about the other posters here with similar issues.
I have absolutely no idea how that file can possible effect playback, but I am not the developer.

Uploading three screen shots, 2 so you can see what tabs I am talking about and 1 for the version of PowerDVD I am running.

Anti-Virus is Kaspersky.
I am having the same problem, even with that latest patch that was suppose to fix this issue.
My Power DVD version is 11.0.0.2024 (It is an Ultra Version).
Oddly enough though, the movie I was trying to play, played just fine last night but no matter what I do (example: Reboot, uninstall, reinstall etc etc ) it is still a heavily corrupted picture and will eventually just lock after about 30 seconds of playing.
All my other Blue-Ray movies are working just fine and the disk that has the issue has no visible defects, very clean disk.

Disk
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

20th Century Fox product.

In general though, every Blue-Ray title I play, regardless of manufacture, is somewhat choppy in Power DVD 11 Ultra. If I play the same title in another program the choppiness is not present at all. So it must have something to do with Power DVD 11 Ultra, seeing as above it works on another free player that I tried out just for testing and trying to isolate the choppiness on the same PC, or am I mistaken?

Go to: