Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had some time today so I nosed around my computer system today.

I found the Codec Tweak Tool, and from there under "DirectShow Filters that belong to the K-Lite Codec pack" I disabled FFDshow. Now mp3 files play fine in the timeline.

Overtime I have installed other programs; I guess that's how FFDshow got on my computer. I assume I didn't have FFDshow before... why else would it start showing up in the taskbar and preventing mp3 files from playing properly.

From what I've read FFDshow is a recommended codec for PowerDirector. Perhaps I have an issue with too many filters causing conflict?
Thank you for the suggestion. I converted an mp3 file to WAV, and it worked. Great!

I'm concerned though that mp3 files will no longer work in my PD. I have existing psd projects that have mp3 files and they are all now distorted. I will be a pain to convert many mp3 files I have in these projects to WAV.

Hmm... Curious though, I just noticed when I place an mp3 file in the timeline an ffdshow icon appears on the taskbar. When I open it, it's the ffdshow audio decoder configuration box.

I have never noticed this before. What is this? How did it get there? I can't help but wonder if this is related to my new issue with mp3 files?
Hello

I'm attempting a project, but when I add an mp3 music file to the timeline it sounds slow and heavily distorted. It plays fine in the media viewer. I opened a couple pds files I have, and I get the same issue. I have not had this problem before...
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Larry
Thanks Carl, you set me in the right direction. It was a setting issue. I now have it properly set to capture using MPEG-2 video.
Hi… The Canopus is connected to the firewire port on my computer. I select the “capture” tab on the PD interface and then select “capture from DV device.” PD recognizes the device and will capture, but I can’t edit… just get the error message.

I’m a total amateur at editing, but in reading about issues like this it may be I have a codec issue?
Thanks for your reply. The Canopus converts analog video to DV-AVI. I have read reviews claiming PD can capture from this device easily. I'll search around, but if anyone has any thoughts please chime in.
Hello

I recently purchased a Canopus ADVC 110 to transfer my VHS tapes to digital. When I attempt to do this in PD9 I get an error message.

An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting you video provider for a different video format.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Larry
Go to: