Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just to confirm, despite others finding that PDVD11 is playing STAR WARS BluRay perfectly, now, mine is indeed not. Perhaps to clarify, I am running my system at 23.976 frame rate, which in theory means that I am passing the native 1080p24 signal directly to my projector. I have not tried it at 30 hz framerates because I want to avoid the 3:2 pulldown negative effects.

My failure modes include random pixeling, random juddering, and at times the judder starts to repeat every 3-4 seconds instead of being random, and does not correct itself.

This seems like a sure PDVD11 problem given that out of desperation, I implemented the free Home Cinema HD player and bought the BluRay Pass Key that unlocks the hideous BluRay HDCP, and it plays perfectly at 23.976 hz. No judder, no pixeling, no instability whatsoever.

For what its worth.....
I uninstalled the security update and downloaded the latest PDVD11 update, and still have problems. The picture breaks up periodically, sometimes right away, sometimes later in the playing of the movie. I have only tried it on Star Wars Blu Rays at this point. I have a Windows 7, Intel i5 2500k unlocked running at 3.3 ghz per core. I have an nvidea gtx 460 video card. 4 gB of ram as well. Should be enough player I would think.
Go to: