Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Actually, my problem was much worse than I thought, as the Windows Installer got whacked and I suspected that the Registry somehow got corrupted.
Those things do happen, as Windows is far from perfect!

I reinstalled Windows, PhotoDirector, as well as the update/patch and all is well.
Quote: Hi Cybersurfer11,
Here are suggestions:
  • Manually install http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14431

• If went well, run PhotoDirector 2011 patch installer again.

• If first solution did not work, try use Windows Update to update your system.

• Run PhotoDirector 2011 patch installer again.

• If solution 1 and 2 do not work, you will need to contact Microsoft customer support.

• Regards,
    Brandon

Reinstall Windows.

Already performed 1 and 2 without any success and as for 3.
    Don't want to waste my time talking to some untrained individual in India.

Thanks for all your efforts, Brandon.
    O.K. Thanks, Brandon.
    I quickly reviewed your system info and found nothing wrong till now. If you want, you can try the following before we figure out what goes wrong:

1. Uninstall your PhotoDirector 2011 v1816 via Control Panel.
    2. Execute the attached cleaner.
    3. Reinstall your PhotoDirector 2011 v1816.
    4. Install patch v2105.

I don't think you need to reinstall Win7 for now. If steps above do not help, you can try from Win7 resintallation.

I'll escalate your case to product team.

Regards,
    Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Followed your Instructions and re installed PhotoDirector and all went well, UNTIL
    I attempted to install the Patch and got the same error.

When I check my system, I have 4 copies of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and no
    2005 versions and when I attempt to install the file, it gives me an Installation error.

Please advise.

Thank you.

See attachment.

You may visit our FAQ to generate your DxDiag.txt.

Seems to me that your issue is very likely related to your system.

Regards,
    Brandon

I've attached the file as you requested and based on what I have seen, everything is O.K.

I agree that the problem appears to be system related and perhaps a re install of Windows 7 is in order.
    Can you send me your DxDiag.txt and a screenshot of the error?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17741.page

Regards,
    Brandon

Hi Brandon,
    Can't find the DxDiag.txt file but here are two screenshots showing the error(s) received when trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005., which the update to PhotoDirector requires, as well as proof of registration.

Thank you for your help.
    Thanks, but I tried that a few days ago and the Windows Installers tells me that the Feature I am trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.

Question is....Which disk?

Some programs will automatically install Visual C++ but my version got wiped for some reason.
    I have 2008 and the Service packs, but not 2005!!

Sounds like a Win 7 re install is in order.
    Yep! As per Cyberlink's instructions!
    They sent me the Link and Serial # which went well.

As mentioned, the Update won't install due to some Visual C++ (2005)error and I have yet to figure out how to resolve that!
    I recently received PhotoDirector 2011 2.0.1816 for Beta Testing the pre release.
    Great program, indeed!

When I check for updates, it states that there are none available, yet I've found CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 v 2.0.2105
    on the Web.

Found the Update, but for some strange reason, it will not install.
    Something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.
    I thought the Update would install it with the program!

Go to: