Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
They have a trial so you don't have to pay before you test it out. It's the PowerDVD 22 Essentials on the trial page. It'll give you the full software for 30 days.

I agree with you. It's what is keeping me from upgrading from verison 20. It does look like they do have genres that you can separate by genre, in the upper right hand corner on the Movies tab "Show All" is a drop down and you can right click on each video and choose edit, there is a Genre category to edit. It does add categories to them if it can match the movies, but it's as you say the matching is poor. I don't have a massive library like you, but with what I have there are plenty that haven't matched and when I click on match movie info, the correct one is usually the first one so it's strange to me why it couldn't match it to begin with. I also think it doesn't update the data in file because I've matched these in PowerDVD 20 and they're aren't automatically matched in 22.

There also seems to be many movies missing. Movies that, in my mind, are mainstream; like the original Mad Max or the 2009 remake of Star Trek. Plus, when you go to manually edit the release date, you can only choose from the calendar pullout and there's no quick way to scroll through years, you have to go month by month.

The tv shows is the worst though. It doesn't seem to do seasons properly. I'm not sure how it does its thing, but I have mine as a folder of the show, then subfolders for seasons. It shows every subfolder with the names of what the subfolder names are while Plex will properly list each show and clicking on the show will list each season properly. I haven't really dove into this more because that matching is just so bad I don't want to go any further.

I don't have a large setup that would really necessitate something like Plex. I pretty much do everything from one place. My computer is hooked up to my tv, my media is on an external drive hooked into my pc, and it's the only place I watch these things and I do really like the PowerDVD enhancements and I would rather just PowerDVD, but the media library part is killing it for me.
Go to: