Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Managed to burn a successful copy to DVD.....and it looks OK,,,,didn't realise just how much better blu ray was !
(Have only just got a blu ray player)

thanks again for your help

DF
Quote:

Why, not use a 8.5 GB double layer DVD?
That 8 GB video will fit on a 8.5 GB disk.

.....because I haven't got any ...now !

Have decided to purchase a "proper" copy of Nero so will see how that fares

Thanks for your help.....so far
Quote:

Under certain conditions you can get Power2Go for free.
Power2Go is available on the PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 DVD. If you bought the Boxed set instead of the Download.

Hmmm not quite true ....I DID buy the boxed set and sure enough it is on there....but only a 30 day trial !

...worse still I then found out that my purchased copy of Nero (from a well known on line auction site) is in fact a pirated copy .....so am now trying imgburn.....

edit : imgburn won't shrink an 8gb MPEG2 to a 4.7Gb DVD......and neither will Power2Go ...

back where I started now
Hi Carl and thanks for your prompt reply

No, I haven't tried that method.......does that mean I will create the project as a hard disk file and then use something like Nero to burn that to standard DVD ?
If so it's not a problem as I can do that........but I'd have thought PD would have been able to do that for me !

Will try it later and report back

thanks
I have successfully burnt an HD camcorder project to blu ray and the results are superb but to allow others to share the video I need to burn it to a standard DVD.
Tried it using the "smart" compression option and the results were absolutely awful - worse than a basic mobile phone !!
Any ideas please
Go to: