Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Guess what...I was arranging with Brandon a remote debugging for my problem...
I finally delayed coming back from my holidays... right after having installed teramviewer to be ready for the session, I also installed a bios update that was recommended to me by toshiba.....and...YES!!! Phodo Director was finally working!!!I do not know if this bios update corrected the conflict between the PIS 2012 and the software -which was the cause in my opinion from the beginning- or anything elase happened, but it's the result that matters!!!
Thanks Brandon for everything!
I hope you'll have good news for me by the time I get back from my vacation next week....
N O P!!! It didn't work!!!! A
Thanx , Ill give it a try at home and I'll let you know asap!
I can't say the moto "no news is good news" in my case, I'm afraid...
Quote: Hi matthiasscorp,
As far as we can see now from your log: you were running installation while another installation was taking place. Regards,
Brandon

This possibility doesn't make any sense to me... I mean, why after that should the app not be able to run since I was able to install it after this incident?anyway, you're the experts, you know better...
Still no "official" news...
I hope it means they're working on the issue!!!
Good morning to everyone!
It's the @#$%Panda Internet Security that does't allow the PD to open...When i deactivated it I could run the PD in seconds....Now I activated it again I can' t do a @#$ing thing!!!Damned!
I agree 1000% to that...I was asked from the customer support center to update my display with the latest drivers...no need to do so, every piece of hardware drivers is updated...something else is the matter. I don' t know if it has to do with the PD software or with other possible software installed on my computer, but what I know for sure is that the Beta Version was working!!!
Here it is...I hope
1. May I know your PhD install path?
2. Did you install PhD under an "UNICODE" account name?

Regards,
Brandon

I'm not in front of my laptop right now, but at my work desktop
Yet, I both tried to directly run the exe file after unzipping it (have chosen "run" at the download link)
and after having saved it first at my computer (C:\users\MATTHIAS\downloads\) and run it from that location
what do you mean "UNICODE" account name?
I always work from an administrator's account, MATTHIAS is the account name at my laptop and it's an administrator.
Sorry for my English, I'm a Greek guy...
Few things need your clarification:
1. Cannot install or cannot launch after successful installation?

Cannot launch after successful installation
Quote: 2. I'm assuming your issue did not happen with the Beta build. The problem comes when you tried to install the free copy with the existence of Beta in your computer.

Right...Yet, I tried to unistall and then install again, but the same thing happens
Quote:
This might not help, but pls try:
1. If you cannot launch your application, open "Task Manager" and check if your intended app is already running. If yes, kill the process and relaunch your app.

I think I did it yesterday. The app seems to be running on the task manager. But it didn' t work...I suppose it has to do with running the application for the first time only, and maybe with registry values not having been able to apply...
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit is my OS (Intel Core™ i7 i7-740QM processor, 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM)
Quote: Sorry if i'm using the forum improper.
I know for sure the problem is my computer.
Thanks

don't bet on that!
I have the exactly same problem!
I've reported it to the customer support center -I hope we can soon have an answer.....
Go to: