Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Agreed, looks like the senior techs may need to pull their heads out of their u know whatz! =P
Yeah I fixed mine!!

The fix was to scrap all this rubbish Beta testing for nub programmerz, and go out and buy a seperate 3D Bluray player.. Just make sure it is after wasting all your money, time and effort dealing with this stuff

I found in my case that ATI/AMD are more likely the cause, and I am waiting for a Catalyst driver to be released that could possibly fix it.. but who knows when that might be. In the mean time my Samsung 3D Bluray player works sweet!
HTPCin, are you using an AMD/ATI HD 6800 series graphics card?..

EDIT

Just noticed u are running nVidia..

AMD/ATI = Don't know what the hell they are doing when it comes to 3D...
Well from the lack of support etc I have had to go and waste more money on a physical 3D Bluray player. Sorry Cyberlink I like your product but my trial has run out and not to mention my patience!

What really annoys me is that eventually people are gonna get their sh!t together and my solution will start working even though I have invested so much money time and effort just to see it wasted by junior programmers..

Here is some interesting reading from my troubleshooting, basically it states any new 3D TV's are not supported with the latest 3D graphics card technology, and that wwe all need to go out and buy old 3d TV's just to get the BS to run !!!

Message History

[ 6/27/2011 1:48:29 PM] Hello, I use my HD 6870 connected to my 55" Samsung 3D TV, when I run 3D it automatically changes resolution to 1920x1080p x 24Hz. The problem is it does not fill the entire screen and I am left with a black band around the edge of the screen. The scaling options are also greyed out. Please help.

[ 6/27/2011 7:24:06 PM] Just thought I`d mention I have discovered that my card will not display 1080p @ 24Hz for 3D Blurays, but instead it is displaying 1000p @ 24Hz, and that is the reason for the black band. I`ve also tried Catalayst drivers 11.4 and 11.6: 11.4 gets me 1000p @ 24Hz and 11.6 can only get 720p @ 24Hz. Why can`t I get this card to run 1080p @ 24Hz as it advertises it is capable of! or did I just waste my money on Beta junk?

[xxxx 6/28/2011 10:12:21 AM] Hi, thanks for your message,1920*1080P@24HZ? did you sure your 3D TV can support 1080p OR 1080i? as for black band, please change the overscale setting in CCC. thanks xxxx

[ 6/28/2011 12:40:25 PM] Hello xxxx, Thanks for reply. My TV is a brand new 55" Samsung 3D UA55D8000 and is supposed to be one of the best LED 3D TV`s available, I`m pretty sure it support 1080p@24hz. The problem is playing 3D Blurays the resolution actually changes to 1000p@24Hz, and this is driver specific, if I use 11.4 Catalyst I get 1000p, if I use 11.6 I can only get 720p. Also When running in 1000p@24Hz mode the Overscale settings in CCC are unavailable.

[xxxx 7/1/2011 10:33:32 AM] Hi,Thanks for the update. it seems your 3D TV is not in list, please visit: http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/pages/supported-hardware.aspx regards xxxx

[ 7/2/2011 5:33:10 AM] Your have got to be kidding me! you are basically telling me that I wasted my money buying this graphics card! I`m sure if it was an NVidia I wouldn`t be in this situation! I can`t believe that when newer 3D TV`s are released then that`s it, they are not supported! this is rediculous and such a cop out response on your behalf. Thanks for nothing....
Well from the lack of support etc I have had to go and waste more money on a physical 3D Bluray player. Sorry Cyberlink I like your product but my trial has run out and not to mention my patience!

What really annoys me is that eventually people are gonna get their sh!t together and my solution will start working even though I have invested so much money time and effort just to see it wasted by junior programmers..

Here is some interesting reading from my troubleshooting, basically it states any new 3D TV's are not supported with the latest 3D graphics card technology, and that wwe all need to go out and buy old 3d TV's just to get the BS to run !!!

Message History

[ 6/27/2011 1:48:29 PM] Hello, I use my HD 6870 connected to my 55" Samsung 3D TV, when I run 3D it automatically changes resolution to 1920x1080p x 24Hz. The problem is it does not fill the entire screen and I am left with a black band around the edge of the screen. The scaling options are also greyed out. Please help.

[ 6/27/2011 7:24:06 PM] Just thought I`d mention I have discovered that my card will not display 1080p @ 24Hz for 3D Blurays, but instead it is displaying 1000p @ 24Hz, and that is the reason for the black band. I`ve also tried Catalayst drivers 11.4 and 11.6: 11.4 gets me 1000p @ 24Hz and 11.6 can only get 720p @ 24Hz. Why can`t I get this card to run 1080p @ 24Hz as it advertises it is capable of! or did I just waste my money on Beta junk?

[xxxx 6/28/2011 10:12:21 AM] Hi, thanks for your message,1920*1080P@24HZ? did you sure your 3D TV can support 1080p OR 1080i? as for black band, please change the overscale setting in CCC. thanks xxxx

[ 6/28/2011 12:40:25 PM] Hello xxxx, Thanks for reply. My TV is a brand new 55" Samsung 3D UA55D8000 and is supposed to be one of the best LED 3D TV`s available, I`m pretty sure it support 1080p@24hz. The problem is playing 3D Blurays the resolution actually changes to 1000p@24Hz, and this is driver specific, if I use 11.4 Catalyst I get 1000p, if I use 11.6 I can only get 720p. Also When running in 1000p@24Hz mode the Overscale settings in CCC are unavailable.

[xxxx 7/1/2011 10:33:32 AM] Hi,Thanks for the update. it seems your 3D TV is not in list, please visit: http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/pages/supported-hardware.aspx regards xxxx

[ 7/2/2011 5:33:10 AM] Your have got to be kidding me! you are basically telling me that I wasted my money buying this graphics card! I`m sure if it was an NVidia I wouldn`t be in this situation! I can`t believe that when newer 3D TV`s are released then that`s it, they are not supported! this is rediculous and such a cop out response on your behalf. Thanks for nothing....
O by the way have you set the Samsung TV's HDMI port to PC?

If not:

Press Source on TV remote

Highlight HDMI1 (Need to use HDMI1 for 3D PC) and press tools on remote

Select Edit Name and select PC from the list.

PS You may need to press the 3D button on the remote to invoke the glasses when you select the 120Hz Sequential option.
By the way, I am also dealing with AMD (XFX) through forums etc to get a resolution to this problem, but it seems so far they have no clue...
Thanks for sharing jay7son..

So did we ever get a resolution to this..

I'm about to throw out my mediacenter for a hardware player.. since it just works..
Hello Andre,

I think you may want to check the following:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html

Looks like Cyberlink recommend the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better if you want to run 3D Bluray over HDMI 1.4.

But you may be able to run other 3D modes such as checkerboard, although if it is not auto detected by the TV then it usually is poor quality.

What do you get when you select 120Hz Sequential setting in the 3d Device section?
And the saga continues...

I've since discovered that when I am running Cyberlink set to 120Hz Sequential, The AMD CCC displays a res of 1000p instead of 1080p

And to top it all off I've broken my brand new Samsung 55" 3D LED panel, most likely from stuffing around with this BS..

><
Aaarrrgghhhh!! This stuff is so dirty..

I think AMD is a fair bit responsible for these issues, here is where I'm at:

1 - I downgraded my AMD Catalyst driver to 11.4
2 - Hard set to 120Hz Sequential LCD under the 3D tab
3 - I can get 1080p24 3D Bluray running but it doesnt fill the panel completely and I am left with a black band around the outside ><
4 - If I use Catalyst 11.6 with 120Hz Sequential setting max res I can get is 720p...
5 - I can not select any of the HDMI 1.4 options under the 3D tab, all error with the good ol' "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback"

Somebody please shoot me! Or shoot the frickin Noob driver/software coders!!

So to sum it up I need a resolution to the following:

1 - How do I achieve full screen (No Black Band) with 1080p24 or
2 - Why can't I use the auto detect HDMI options..

I can't help but feel so ripped off, I have spent a fair amount of money and time on such a Beta solution...
Bump.. any replies? please
Help same problem

I have just purchased a new grahics card HD6870 as it is recommended by Cyberlink to run the 6800 series graphics cards for 3D Bluray. Running Catalyst 11.6

When I run the 3D bluray advisor everything passes

But when I run the PowerDVD software with the 3D set to auto I get "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback"

I have a brand new Samsung 3D TV UA55D8000 with shutter glasses etc..

Please help, if I can't get Cyberlink to run correctly I will have to buy a 3D bluray player as opposed to using my Mediacenter.
Go to: