Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The girl that needs the same kind of help is ...........darkgirlsp0...........I pray this helps her too........
She does have to use the CCLeaner first, load Youcam 3, then Youcam 4......Let me know how it goes......God Bless Liz
Michael since you were so nice to try to help me and keep responding, I'm going to give you the info that Cyberlink tech's finally gave me after me fighting with this over a month. After I did what the bottom of this page said to do I ran the CCLeaner, then re-downloaded Youcam 3 from a link the tech's gave me, then I loaded my new Youcam 4 disc and succeeded. I am so happy. Now you can probably help others and the young lady that needed help I think her name was Nice something. Thanks again!!!!!

Customer Support Response

2011/06/30 03:10

Dear Liz,

Thank you for writing back.

Please follow the steps below before running the CLCleaner tool:

Step 1. Open “Control Panel”.

Step 2. Select “Default Programs”.

Step 3. Select “Accociate a file type or protocol with a program”.

Step 4. Select “.vbs” under Name Column.

Step 5. Click “Change program…”.

Step 6. Click on "Browse" option present on lower-right corner.

Step 7. After you have clicked on “browse” option, double-click onto the drive where you have installed your operating system and go to “Windows-> System 32” folder.

Step 8. Search and select "wscript.exe" file and click on Open.

Now the “Microsoft ® Windows Based Script Host” will get listed.

Step 9. Select “Microsoft ® Windows Based Script Host” then click “OK”.

Step 10. Close the control panel.

Step 11. Try to double click and run the CLCleaner.exe again.
These are the steps I followed to finally succeed.

What program do you open up the CCleaner with??????
Thank You Michael. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have the same problem as darkgirlsp0, and you have to pay technical support. I feel that if you buy the disk to update to Youcam 4 they should help you with the problems. They keep sending me the CLCleaner which does not download and now I am without any webcam at all because they tell you to uninstall Youcam 3 first then to install Youcam 4. Nothing is working and I am very frustrated. I haven't had this computer that long.
I'm so frustrated........I won't buy anything else from Cyberlink.
My ticket number is CS001030410 and it seems that I am having the same problem every one else is and my product number for the Youcam 4 is also has an error code of Product definitation file lost the license code is also wrong or won't go through Y169486153x861j4
The Cyberlink cleaner link does not work, it's a zip file and does not open but to a notepad page. I keep getting messages of what to do to uninstall Youcam 3 so I can load my new Youcam 4 disk and nothing has worked and now I don't have a working webcam at all.

I cannot uninstall my youcam 3 so I can load the disk of the update that I paid for. I am very frustrated and feel like the company sells the items but don't help you out with the problem. The company keeps sending the same e-mail that doesn't even start to work. first of all you can't click on the link you say to click on.
Go to: