Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You do not chose the codec, the codec information is encoded within the file.
Converting AVI to MPG is a safe way of ensuring that PD can handle the video.

If mpeg's are a a safe bet, can anyone suggest a lossless MPG codec and possibly a piece of software that will use the codec to convert the files?
Hi Carl, Thanks for your answer. Actually I was aware of the various patches, which incidentaly, is how I have been able to test to see if the problem exists on each version and then 'roll back' to version 2702 to complete the critical project I was working on when I first discovered the 'bug'.

My ideal scenario now, would be to take advantage of the bug fixes in build 3305 but stil be able to use video using Cinepak code e.g those exported by Sketchup. (or hope that the next patch resolves this issue).

Hey All,

I am posting this message as ideally I hope someone can help or failing that, this message gets back to the dev team so hopefully the next patch will resolve this issue. I have been communicating with the guys on the support site and I'm not entirely convinced that either of the above will happen.

I've taken a look through the forum and although I have found similar issues I have not found one with the same circumstances nor a solution to the problem, apologies (and a massive thank you) in advance if someone can point me in the right direction.

The Problem - Importing AVI Files Using Cinepak or Microsoft Video 1 Codec After updating to build 2930 or later.

If I upgrade my version of Power Director 9 Ultra to a version above 2702 various videos using the Cinepack codec and also Microsoft Video 1 codec have stopped importing. I was able to use these videos up to and including version 2702. BUT If I try to import these videos using either version 2930 or 3305 I get an error message that reads 'An error has occurred while opening this media file in the media library... etc'

PDR 9 Ultra 64
windows 7 64 bit
I have the latest 32bit and 64bit Klite codec packs installed The video works fine in windows media player and it also plays fine in Power Directors "Media Import Window' in the Cyberlink rich video window.
The files I am having issues importing are generated using mainly Sketchup 8 and Camstudio

I have wound back to version 2702 to finish my project and that was fine but the bugs in that version are such that I would really like to upgrade to the latest build.

Any Ideas greatly recieved...

Cam

Go to: