Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There was a big Windows 7 update and now, after a pause, the DVD plays... so I'm not quite sure what happened as there wasn't an update with Power DVD, not the OS.

Nevertheless, it now plays. Windows has updated before, along with Java and the Flash Player, and other problem DVDs suddenly play.
Any word when there will be an update to address this... or is the team as vexed as everyone else seems to be by Fox's Blu-rays?
The exact same thing is happening with me. At first, “MacGruber” wouldn’t load, but after a Windows update… all is well. “Machete” doesn’t move past the Fox DVD logo and the screen stays black. Manually clicking to go to the top menu fails as well. This supposedly has something to do with Fox copy protection or encoding, based on posting elsewhere on the net, so I was hopeful the newest update would remedy the situation… but it hasn’t. Amazon reviews complain about the same thing. Cyberlink has always traversed these difficulties and I’m hopeful you can do so again.
Go to: