Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Simon,
I'm glad your problem has now been sorted. The frustration of non-delivery of an online software is very understandable (been there, had that). I hope you enjoy using PowerDirector.

Hi Dafydd,

I'm sure that I will and thank you once again.

Simon.
Quote: Right,
You'll have to wait for emails to be answered or notification of purchase.

Take a look through ALL the PowerDirector Forum, there is only one thread with an active contribution by CyberLink Development staff.

I, like all other contributors here are video editors. Now your new purchase issue will be read by members who are unable to assist you. Those who have been here long enough will have read similar and know the outcome. A search will help you.

At this stage of your purchase I can NOT give you any help. You have to wait. The procedure for contact has been advised and you are already following it.

This forum is monitored by me and I refer threads when necessary to CyberLink. I will not be referring your post as time will resolve the issue you have.

Have a great day.

When you have a PowerDirector question members will enjoy helping you, until then, we can but wait.

Post edited. added to and unlocked.

I do sincerely thank you for replying to my post. As I said before, posting my issue on the user forum was a speculative move, in the hope that it may be picked up by someone who could help; alas not.

Thank you.
Thanks Carl312,

I had spoken to my bank already to confirm the transaction had been authorised and was advised I could reverse the payment because I had paid with Visa.

The order confirmation arrived after 5 hours of waiting and not knowing if the order was successful or not. Then some time later the support tickets began to come back.

I would hazard a guess that there is no physical presence in Europe anymore, judging by the unobtainable number and that the support responses all came back once the US was at work.

Anyway, the problem has been resolved now, but not without considerable frustration and concern.

Thanks

Simon.
Hi Dafydd,

Thank you once again for your reply, but I disagree with your ascertion that my expactions are somewhat unrealistic.

We are after all living in a digital world where the Internet delivers instantly, or at least for the best part it does.

The issue arose out of the failure to provide an order confirmation immediately, which would have reassured me that the order was indeed accepted and in the process of being fulfilled. There was no such 'instantaneous' issues with taking payment though.

Of course, problems do occur and I understand this, but my further issue was that there is no mechanism in place for a customer of Cyberlink/Digital River to quickly ascertain the root of the problem or achieve a resolution. Essentially, I wanted to either speak to an agent over the telephone or alternatively via a Webchat. Pretty standard stuff for most e-tailers these days.

The number listed for Cyberlink Europe was unobtainable and the UK contact details given by Digital River were not valid; in fact the company and address given on its website Digital River UK Ltd is actually 3 years out of date, as that company was dissolved in 2008, doesn't really inspire one with much confidence does it!

So I don't think that I was being unreasonable in the slighest. It is not at all unreasonable to expect to be able to speak to a customer service agent immediately to resolve an issue or complaint.

Companies have found its user forums to be excellent vehicles for communicating with there customer base and in my experience it is not uncommon to find customer service reps regualrly replying to user posts. Obviously, Cyberlink are yet to realise this.

Thank you for your suggestion that I wait, not that I had any choice in the matter.

And for the record, I find you final statement quite obtuse!

Simon

'My name is spelt DAFYDD ' oops, sorry, I looked at your name quickly and assumed it was the welsh spelling of 'David', genuine error!

I sincerely thank you for your advice, all to no avail unfortunately.

I posted on here in the vain hope that there may be CS agent lurking who could jump to my rescue, but alas it was not to be.

Seeing as my post has been 'Moderated' I would like to impart my experience to future purchases of Cyberlink products.

I am sure that most purchases are completed without issue, but be warned if you do have one, don't think it will be resolved quickly, because:

You will not be able to speak directly to a customer service agent either by phone or Webchat; that goes for both Cyberlink and its chosen payment/delivery agent Digital River.

Yes, you can email both companies, but these appear to go unanswered, save for auto-responses.

My order was placed @ 10:26 GMT it is now 14:33 GMT and I am still waiting for a confirmation or response to any of my email queries. My payment was made at 10:26 (as above) and my bank has confirmed that it has been authorised, so this is not a payment issue.

Make your own mind up people, is this good service? I think not.

Simon.
Hi Daffyd,

I appreciate your responses and I am sure that they are a good compnay.

But in the absence of an immediate method to contact either company and a failure to respond to emails within a reasonable timeframe I am left extremely frustrated and agitated.

Both Cyberlink & Digital River are global companies, therefore should have staff to deal every timezone in which they operate. Yet, the lack of a simple phone number or god forbid a customer service webchat, speaks volumes.

I just want to speak to someone and resolve whatever the problem is, but it seems that I can't.

I've emailed support again and given them one hour to contact me, failure to do this will result in the order being cancelled, sorry I just don't think this is good service.

Simon.
Update:

Out of frustration I decided to bite the bullet and pay the international call charge to phone cyberlinks European Customer centre in Germany, only to find that the number is unobtainable.

Awesome customer service! It's a bloody farce.

Thanks for the response Dafydd.

I have checked my spam folders and nothing recieved there. I have emailed both Digital River and Cyberlink, but as yet no response.

I understand problems can occur, but to not recieve any sort of communication from either patry is a bit of a customer service fail.

In the meantime I'm left thinking that I have paid for the product, but will not receive it.

Not a great start.

Thanks again,

Simon.
Hi, after giving the PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 trial ago some months ago, I have finally decided to take the plunge and purchase the product.

Which I did this morning, ordering the full product along with MediaEspresso 6.5 as a special offer and the extended download service @ £74.98 (GB Pounds).

The first attempt failed with an error, so I logged into my Cyberlink account and re-tried the order process. This time it appeared to succeed with the page saying that the order confirmation etc would be emailed.

As yet I have not received a confirmation and the products are not showing in my account, I have checked my bank and the £74.89 is showing as a reduced balance available. So it would appear that the payment has been successful, but there is a problem with the order!

I realise that this is a user forum, but wondered if any Cyberlink Customer Services people frequented the forums and could help me with this issue. I have raised official support emails both to Cyberlink and Digital River, but as yet no response!

Thanks

Simon
Hi well it is a good question about whether it improves peformance in video editing or not and one that I was looking for the answer to.

My thoughts were that you can enable hardware acceleration to offload some of the processing done by the CPU to the GPU, kind of makes sense if you have two GPU's working as one then there would be benefits. But that was just my theory.

I did read a couple of posts, I think on here, were people had seen considerable rendering iprovements when switching to x-fire, but these were using different model graphics cards to mine and x-fire obviously worked for them.

Would be nice if I could get PD to work in x-fire mode then at least I could perform some tests to see what sort of performance changes there were by comparison.

Assuming that I can't get x-fire to work, which is looking likely. What about dual monitor set ups. can you show the preview window on a seperate monitor, therefore off-loading some GPU tasks onto the second card?

Thanks for all your responses.

Westy.
Hi all,

I have been using an earlier version of PD up unitl now, but as I have now upgraded my system to a far better beast I thought I'd give PD 9 x64 trial a go.

Unfortunately, it does't appear to work in x-fire mode, which is a real shame for obvious performance reasons and wondered if there may be a fix/workaround for this.

Details of my system are:

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
ATI Crosshair III Mobo
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Dual Radeon HD 5700 (1GB ea)
8GB RAM
Boot Drive 2 x 1TB in RAID 0
Data Drive 1 x 1TB

It's a clean install of Win 7 with all the latest drivers and not much else installed in the way of software that could interfere, save for the possibility of AVG Free.

The problem is that, with X-fire enabled, PowerDirector will not launch - Windows throws up an incompatibility issue. However, with x-fire disabled the program will launch fine and appear to run OK (haven't actually used it for anyhting yet).

Any ideas on what the issue is and whether it can be resolved. I love the program and would really like to take full advantage of my hardware. But will reconsider purchasing the full program if I can only use the power of one graphics card.

Also, on another seperate note, with the earlier version of PD on an XP machine, the program would install the working directory 'My Works' on a seperate Data hard drive automatically, for obvious performance benefits. However, the installation of PD9 appears to have ignored my seperate data drive. Is there a reaason for this and can it/should it be changed?

Thanks,

Westy.
Go to: