Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,

I installed the complete CDS studio 6 with PHD9 included and everything works fine so far with one exception - PHD9 slow start-up. Application itself starts quickly but then it takes app. 5 secs to show the file structures (directories in the project). I can live with it. However when the UI is completly opened and ready to go - there is one problem. Pressing either FILE in menu bar or IMPORT button (bottom left of screen) application will "freeze" for app. 20 secs and only then you can make another command. This 20secs delay is quite annoying. After that it works OK. If you will try the same let´s say 1 min. later it happens again. No real freeze or program locking - just this annoying temporare freezing.

I am running on W10, I5 Intel with 16GB memory, NVidia GT970 + plenty of every resource needed - all graphic/video applications (Photoshop etc) incl PHD8 work fine - not PHD9.

Just a note - first installation was and upgrade over CDS 5. NExt I uninstalled CDS5 and retained CDS6. Next I uninstalled CDS6 (keeping my prefernce and personal settings intact) - then reinstall. Last attempt was uninstalling everything CDS related (incl. preferences) cleaning registers and reinstalling again. The problem still persists.

Some tips what might be source of the problem?

Thanks in advance

Vlad
Quote: Yeah, when I used my nVidia card with PD13 and previous versions, there was a nice performance improvement.

Yes about 3x faster on my I7 nbook 2,5GHZ with GTX 860 compared to desktop I5 3,2GHZ with NV 560 - runngin PD13.

Now they are about equal with PD14
Hi Dafydd and thanks for input. I tried it immediately and it works (tried on I5 3,8 GHZ with Nvidia 560, multi GPU configurationa with iGPU Intel). Preview worked with no changes (no sideeffects) Rendering speed was slightly higher than I5 plus iGPU but that is probably due to performance of 560 which is approx. on par with Intel processor. I will try tomorrow with I7 laptop and 860NVidia GPU.
However question arise - when CB release an update patch will the things revert back? Probably nobody knows at present
Same here - Acer Nitro V17, Nvidia 860. What more I cannot even switch on Intel quick sync - when creating new profile. Quick Sync is available only for Default profiles supplied by Cyberlink.
Go to: