Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New wrinkle - I thought I would create a new user in Windows (7), setup minimal startup and services and see if I could run PD9 here. I get a pop up telling me I can't activate the mpeg 2 component because I have either lost my internet connection or reached my activation limit (connection is good).

I have had this issue before when I installed PD9 on my new system. The solution was a reinstall (as per cyberlink ticket with link to download). SO, If I reinstall here am will I eliminate my ability to use PD9 on normal log in?

I have accepted the trial for mpeg 2 but I still crash on the first edit of this project- so I quess the second user might not be worth it anyway.

Also any comments on shadow file, enabling Cuda cores or hardware decoder? I only have Cuda cores enabled currently.

Thanks again.
OK - I've attached the files.

Safe mode doesn't have sound - I suppose i could enable the audio services once in safe mode or possibly from msconfig.

Anyway thanks again
The other editors ar Pinn**** Studio 14 and Son* Veg** studio platinum 11. I've had Pin**** 14 forever and I just bought Veg** 11 - the problem existed before Veg**.

I just ran successfully in safe mode (with networking because Rich video had to reinstalled as the service was not running). I only preformed a few edits but I couldn't do 1 before. (disabling AV did nothing)

So I'm getting somewhere - do you know how to start narrowinf the field of possible conflict/problems?
I haven't re-installed PD9 in a while, since you suggested build 3305 was stable.
If codec packages are not part of a program how do I know if I have any? I do have vlc player installed and 2 other video editors which work fine, but I miss the speed of PD9).
I will try in safe mode and with AV disabled.
I just reinstalled windows before I started this thread.

Thanks again
Well... I have moved everything to an internal SATA 7200rpm drive, replaced my video card with a new Geforce GT 545 (with the latest drivers 8-24-12) and I still crash! I was just about to upgrade to PD10 because 1 project worked with only 1 crash but my second has crashed half a dozen times in a half hour. Again I have a AMD FX-8120 with 8GB of DDR3 ram running Windows 7 64 bit. I use TOD, M2TS, MPG and MTS files and I believe all of them to be directly imported by PD9. I can not continue to crash and get any work done and I sure would appreciate any advice before I just give up and switch to another editor.
Really - OK - I thought these new usb3 drives were fast, though I haven't researched it at all. I read somewhere that I should not edit video on the same drive as my system so i will get my 640GB IDE cleaned up and use it for video editing soley - something I have been putting off anyway.

BTW I can't get to any of the AMD drivers today - I will keep trying.

Thanks again, i needed a fresh opinion - I am getting frustrated but I want to get PD9 back to impressing me.
189 Gb free out of 465
I am keeping my video files on an external usb3 drive 83 gb free of 465. The only thing being saved to C: is the auto save files.
I have cleaned and defragmented the drives within the past week.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit home premium.
I will check for the AMD driver you mention B4 I revert my video driver and start experimenting with different versions of the driver.

Thanks for the tips and making me think and of course anything else you might think of.
I've updated to 3305 (again) since i posted this morning - a little snappier in the timeline but I am still waiting 7 seconds between each edit. Watching the little "busy" wheel spin and often waiting for the "PowerDirector has stopped responding - wait or cancel the program" to disappear.
I can not afford the new video card I want yet but why would hardware acceleration become unavailable after I did the driver upgrade PD9 told me to? It was available before, I think (too many re-installs), It certainly has been available and activiated sometime in the recent past.
PD9 performs better on my I3 laptop than it does here.
I've used MS security essentials and had a virus get through. Norton is getting the best ratings by the independent labs and it is not affecting the trial versions of other video software (32 bit) I am evaluating - which are out performing PD9 in editing (though not rendering, which is what thoroughly impressed me initially).
I am to the point of trading workflow speed for render speed.
I guess I can uninstall the new drivers and catalyst - Which wasn't on my system with the old driver.

By the way, thanks for the quick response, I would really like to PD9 functioning.
When PD9 works it is very good but I am about done with it. I do wedding (and other) videos. I have been impressed with the render speeds, even on my laptop but the work flow is killing me. I have been using it for 18 month now with mixed success. Tech support has helped but I do not understand why i constantly have issues. I now have an AMD fx8120 8 core processor with 8 GB of ram and a ATI HD2400 Video card (the weak link, I know) and since I have had this system (6 months) PD9 is driving me nuts. I have reinstalled so many times (and updated). Working in the timeline is jerky. I crash a lot. My latest disappointment- PD9 informed me that I needed to install AMD AVIO(? spelling) so I did and now hardware acceleration is ghosted. I shoot in full HD and as soon as I go over 30 minutes or so of media on the time line I have to wait for the software to catch up to edit in the timeline or preview the production. I did not update to 3305 on my last re-install (crashing) because Norton tells me it is "slightly unstable". Updated to 2702 as Norton says it is "reliable".
Any thoughts? Anyone?
Go to: