Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I use JRiver Media Center which auto calls Slysoft clone drive to mount a bluray iso image. I use PowerDVD when playing discs because of the full access to bluray features. I can also manually mount an ISO image, but hoping this new version does auto load.
Can the new version auto mount an ISO image with slysoft clone drive? Or must I still do this manually.
Thanks Michael, let me know if there is anything other information about the system they might need.

Craig
Thinking about this a bit more I think what is happening is the audio renderer in PD10 must be somehow incompatible with the sound card. To check this I downloaded Zoom Player which gives me several audio renderer's to pick from. I did this and the audio works perfectly when using AC3. When playing a DVD this is the graph information:

Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR)
Analog out 01-08 (AudioFire 12)
AC3 Filter
FFDShow Video Decoder
DVD Navigator

When I configured Zoom Player and selected the Audio Renderer (AF12) this was the list presented:

Analog out 01-08 (AudioFire 12)
CyberLink Audio Renderer (PDVD10)
Analog out 09-12 (AudioFire 12)
Default DirectSound Device
Default WaveOut Device
DirectSound Analog out 01-08 (AudioFire 12)
DirectSound Analog out 09-12 (AudioFire 12)

I selected "Analog out 01-08 (AudioFire 12)". When the DVD is playing and I look at the AC3Filter in real time I can see the 5.1 signal coming into it from DVD Navigator. So DVD Navigator is reading from the DVD, splitting the streams and sending them to FFDShow for video and AC3 for audio. AC3 in turn sends the analog output to the AF12 driver.

I would use ZoomPlayer except it cannot play Blu Ray movies and PD10 does a really great job with Blu Ray movies. So I am now wondering, is it possible to manually configure the audio renderer on PD10 or to replace it with AC3?

One nice thing with ZP is gives you a lot of detailed information. Since we now know that it works perfectly I can record all kinds of technical information from it that might help to see why PD10 incorrectly interprets the sound card as a single output channel. I think the reason is when it talks to the sound card driver it is seeing "0" channels, hence it defaults to 1 channel.

Hope this helps to solve this mystery,

Craig

Hi Michael,

I first uninstalled the AF12 driver, then rebooted, entered BIOS and disabled the onboard Realtek codec. Restarted system and verified no audio devices present. I then reinstalled the AF12 driver and made the AF12 1-2 sound card the default device. There is no option I could find for setting it to a 7.1 device as it defaults to an 8 speaker device. Is there some other place in Windows I need to do this?

I then ran PD10 and selected it as the audio device. The interesting thing here is when I previously selected the Realtek codec the mode would let me select how many speakers (2, 4, 6, 8, etc). I don't get this with the AF12, the only option is stereo (besides the simulated modes). So I selected stereo. When I play a movie though it still shows it is outputing to a 1 channel device.

I have attached the latest dxdiag to see if you note anything different.

Craig
Michael,

Thank you for your assistance.

I have attached the DXDIAG log file. Hope this helps.

Some additional information. In PDVD when I select Settings|Audio it shows the speaker environment as "(current system setting) (8 speakere)" and Output Mode "Stereo". But if I select TrueTheater Surround and click OK, when I come back to Settings|Audio it shows the output mode as Stereo. So it looks like it doesn't change it.

When I play a video the Information display shows:

Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 192 kbps

Output: LP{CM 44KHz/16 bits 1 Channels

There seems to be some confusion over the speaker environment as 8 speaker and the output as 1 channel. Is it possible there is some other system setting or configuration option that I am to select how many of the 8 speakers to use? In the control panel under audio device configuration I have all 8 speakers selected and when I run an audio test I hear sound coming from each of the speakers. And also that Windows Media Center does play surround sound .. seems there is something in PDVD that I'm not doing correctly.
Thanks Michael for moving the post to the correct area.

I uninstalled FFDShow from the PC, rebooted and then tried Windows Media Center .. audio is 7.1 (actually 5.1 since that is what is on the dvd), then tried PowerDVD and it still shows output as LPCM 1 channel. I could have sworn though that when I first installed PowerDVD10 that it was working correctly. The only things I can think of that I did since then was I played Windows Media Center and the FFDshow popup came up. Is it possible even though I uninstalled FFDShow that it is still interfering? Or is there something else we can try? I have tried multiple DVD's, and all do the same thing.

Craig
I am using Windows 7 64 bit with latest version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra. I have a 7.1 channel soundcard which I have configured under Control Panel and tested the levels. When I run Windows Media Center and play a DVD I get 8 channels of audio. When I play the same DVD using PowerDVD I get only one channel .. the center channel.

When I configure PowerDVD it shows the default system audio device as 8 speakers. It shows the mode as "stereo" by default, along with other options. But no matter which output mode I select, the audio only comes out channel 3 which is the center channel.

When I display information it says it is only outputting to 1 channel.

How do I reconfigure PowerDVD to output 7.1 channel (or at least 5.1 channel) audio? I noticed at one point a pop up asking if it should use FFDShow which I accepted .. is this the problem? Do I need to remove FFDShow from the system?

Go to: