Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using a physical disc and I do not have Commodo or Avast installed.

After uninstalling E/B Clonedrive however and performing the upgrade again, all appears to be fine so it must have been Clonedrive that was causing the region code issue.

Thanks,
Tim.
No Daemon tools installed.

I received new 9Ultra and 9-10 upgrade install files from support. PDVD10 Install is now good but the region code problem remains. I need to enter a region code when playing a BD but number of region changes = 0, giving error 800401F9.

Is there not a registry key which records the number of remaining region code changes and could be manually changed?
PowerDVD 9 Ultra full Version 9.3.1501.0
PowerDVD SR Number DVD090205-03

Operating System XP Pro 32bit
administratoraccount
ATI HD5770 GFX/Audio
Output through SPDIF, Video/Audio out through HD5770 HDMI port
LG Super Multi Blue BDROM
Panasonic HDTV via dedicated HDMI (HD5770 card) to HDMI (Onkyo TX-SR576 A/V) to HDMI (tv)
19" monitor via DVI
Clone or single mode
Used to have Avast AV and Commodo IS but now have uninstalled both.

Help please!
Sorry for the long post, thought I had better explain in detail....

In PDVD9 had problems with Inception bluray, it would play in a PS3 but not through PDVD9, other discs were still fine. I reinstalled PDVD9 and then CLHelper started crashing everytime PDVD is run. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to PDVD10. CLHelper still crashed. Now PDVD10 still works, but all blurays give error 800401F9, after doing the well documented and seemingly unsolvable region code entry thing with zero changes available.

So I've since uninstalled PDVD10 and all firewall and antivirus software, cleaned registry of PDVD9 and 10 entries and rebooted. Reinstalled PDVD9U and ran the upgrade again but now I receive an error during installation.

The above is the short version of events, several hours spent repeating steps above, with patch, without patch etc plus a system restore.

PDVD9 now wouldn't install; a file, POWERDVD.msi couldn't be found in the PDVD9 installation directory. Omg. So I undid the restore.

Now PDVD9 installs ok and CLHelper problem has disappeared! Hooray. But.. now I get the POWERDVD.msi file missing error now when I try to run the PDVD9 to 10 upgrade installation file that I just bought.

I've tried redownloading the upgrade file again, same error. SO now I can't upgrade to 10.

This time I took screenshots. Attached pic 1 shows the error, pic 2 shows that the file in question, which supposedly can't be found, actually is present in the required folder... pic 3 shows final error before installation fails.

Irony is of course PDVD9 now runs and plays blurays no problem as long as I don't install the patch.

How can I re-upgrade back to 10? Maybe I have the wrong upgrade file? Its called... PowerDVD10_UltraUpgrade_fromUltra_1830_DVD100611-07.exe

Any help offered is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Tim.
I don't see how this is anything to do with Commodo. I have only Windows Firewall installed, I bought an upgrade to PDVD10 and get same error 800401F9. So 30 quid spent and now I can't watch any Blurays.
No response so far from support and in the past my experience with them has been dire to say the least.
Think I will request a refund as I have lost all confidence in this software and company.
Go to: