Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, back to topic...

I just want to thank you forum members for your help. I've now successfully created my first couple of videos - complete with sound, Woohoo!. The original problem with distorted and fuzzy images in preview, even at high quality, has mysteriously cleared up and now they're fine.

Currently delving into the mysteries of ShadowEditFiles before my hard drive is completely full....

No doubt I'll be back for your wonderful expertise.

Thanks again
vn800rider & Carl312

Many thanks for both your contributions to my question. I've now produced my movie in HD quality and the video is fine. You were right!

However, the final produced video now has no music track. In the first version the music was there, but now it's silent (I muted the video's own audio). It played perfectly when in the timeline. Should I have selected the audio as well as the video when in Produce?

Forgive my ignorance - comes from many years of taking still pictures!
Many thanks for your quick reply vn800rider.

I already tried preview viewing in High resolution (jerky video though) but the picture quality is not much different. I produced my video as a WMV file because I wanted to test it against the same created in WMM, so yes, it was saved in quite low resolution. I'll try it in a different format and look at the options to see if it makes a difference.

I've also been through all the Cyberlink tutorials. Very useful.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Hello

I just bought a copy of PD9 a week ago - after using Windows Movie Maker for a while. So please bear with me as I am a newby. I've been teaching myself how to use the program so I think I'm geting to grips with it and it's great.

My big disappointment however, is that when I put images or movie clips from my library into the timeline, the quality is immediately vastly degraded. In a slideshow I've used original .jpg images with a resolution of around 4000x3000, and also tried smaller resized ones. Same thing happens with the Powerdirector sample images. They look great until they go onto the timeline.

Today I tried stringing together 5 short movie clips (.MTS files) each one is originally 50-100MB in size. The finished video is around 5 minutes long. In preview the quality was terrible, blurry and pixilated, so I produced it to see what happened. The saved PDS project file was 192kb and the whole 5 minute movie when produced was only 4.9MB. It is unusable!

As a test, I did the same thing in Windows Movie Maker, which produced a movie that is 200MB and looks great.

It seems to me that Powerdirector is somehow compressing or optimizing the files when they are placed into the timeline. I've been through every setting I can find but can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone have an answer to my problem? I'd really appreciate some help.
Go to: