Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for all your advice - PD11 is working fine so far.

Quote: Hi TedK

If you are intending to install PD11 on an old WinXP computer you are in for a tough time.
PD11 needs a lot more resources than a typical XP system can provide.
Download the trial first...

PatC

Yeah - I figured even V7 would be a stretch. So what I have is a dedicated WinXP box that is not connected to the Internet which allowed me to disable all startup apps esp the Security ones. So this box boots with only 18% of Windoze resources used and seems to be OK with PD11 so far. If it won't let me edit i will need to load it on a more powerful box.

Thanks, folks. I want to keep PD7 because I have it set up to do the digitizing. And although I'm sure PD11 will do what I want, I don't want to take a chance on it not working (there are posts here about issues with video drivers, etc). I want to make sure the new car runs before I get rid of the old car. (The old computer is pretty old.)

Ted
I have an old WinXP box that I use to digitize Hi8 tapes with PD version 7. I bought PD v11 to use for some editing. Can I keep version 7 and install 11 also (it's not an upgrade).

Thanks!
Quote: Great answer :

Thanks, Neil. I though about replacing the image with one that's, um, better, but I needed to get back to getting production done. And I'm not sure I could guarantee that my wife wouldn't see the revised splash screen.

Ted
Quote: I have a found a way to "NOT" have that cheap, irritating splash screen starting up for PowerDirector. Go here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\skin\1024x768\Common

In there, you will find a file called:

videoeditorsplash.PNG

Either rename it to "videoeditorsplash.bak" or move it to another directory with a note of where it came from.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, and I "did" search the forum to try and find a way to disable that splash screen.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks for posting this. What I did after you stated where the file is, is saved a backup and then opened it in Photoshop and cropped it to remove the nerd. I don't mind having a splash screen because I'm running it on a spare computer that's rather old. So PowerDirector takes a while to load and with the splash screen at least I know it's loading. But I'm really happy not to be staring at that nerd.

Ted
Go to: