Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I installed it as administrative user on a home built PC running win 7 64 bit. I created another user - also administrator. A little while later, I deleted the first administrator account I set up and noticed a few days later that I could not play Blu-Rays in PowDVD10 Ultra. Not sure if that's why it was locked but it's all I can think of.
I had the same problem on my win7 PC. Could not set ABC region code. Fixed it by setting to run in Administrative mode. Just check the box in powerdvd10.exe to run in administrative mode (C:\Program files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10|\PowerDVD10.exe). Right click on exe file and left click on compatibility tab at the top. Check the box beside "Run this program as an administrator". Click OK at the bottom and you should be good to go. and that cured it for me. Got all my 5 choices back for setting the region
I know it's a while since this subject has come up but I just encountered it today. After an hour or so I came up with a great solution. I agree that turning off UAC is a workaround but it made me think that I could do the same by just running the program in Administrative mode. It turns out that you can go to the actual exe file that the desktop shortcut takes you to - C:\Program files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10|\PowerDVD10.exe. Right click on exe file and left click on compatibility tab at the top. Check the box beside "Run this program as an administrator". Click OK at the bottom and you should be good to go. Fixed my problem. I'm running win 7 64 bit.
Go to: