Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi, I too have experienced the same issues. Very annoying, so much so that i uninstalled the thing and reinstalled version4. Unfortunately for us version 5 has many problems that need to be addressed. Sadly I won't be purchasing any other products from Cyberlink. They have a great product but are not listening to their customers about these issues.

Manny
YES!!! Very slow..I edit and produce 2 hour videos and I waited 5 minutes for it to load all of the clips. Version 4 takes about 45 sec. to 1 minute usually. This happens every time with 5. Also I loaded a single DV avi clip that took a long time for just one clip..only to have it crash and close down. I installed the program twice and had the same effect. But perhaps the most annoying thing is the jerky playback I get when editing and previewing the edited video.Version 4 plays smooth. This is really a crucial element when trying to match audio such as dialoque, voice-overs and sound effects. Its really a sad thing since this version had really excited me when I bought it a few days ago. Version 4 had its flaws that were never addressed such as the playback going black when switching from one clip to another but I could live with that. And yes I wrote to the tech department twice and never got a response. I was not going to ever purchase another program from Cyber. But I learned to live with version4's flaws and thought that ...hey well version 5 would not have these flaws and may have more to offer. So I bought it. Now it will probably sit on my software shelf gathering dust. I uninstalled it and went back to version 4. I have a Pentium4 with a gig of memory, the latest quicktime, the last DirectX and all of the windows updates. Its not the system. I did lose on thing in all of this other than the upgrade cost. Smart music will not install for some odd reason. Tried several times cleaning my registry and all temp files. Closed all windows programs including my firewall and virus program. Well. I am at a loss about this. I know writing to them won't help since they seem to not like emails. Don't get me wrong I love their software..I like others just want it to work..

MannCAM
Go to: