Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Through a service called "Send/You Sendit." You have to subscribe, or the person you send to has be subscribed. One or the other will work. I use it to send audition tapes to my agent who then forwards them to production company, casting director, etc.
Hal, and Bulldog, thank you both very much. Simple answer to a simple question. Problem solved. Kudos to you both.
Perhaps if I started with a more basic question such as, "How do you save a produced file to your hard drive?" I know that currently, when I save a file after producing it, it ends up as a PDS file of about 175kb, which of course is nothing. And yet, when I open this same 175kb file with PD9, it becomes a clip, ready to be viewed or edited.
Producing the video is not the problem. Finding it afterward and emailing is the problem. As I've said before I "produced" several videos, and saved them. But emailing them results in nothing other than some sort of truncated version of PD9 being received by the email recipient.
I have gone through the user guide, and can find no answer to this problem. I do save the produced file to a specific location, with a specific name. That file always shows up as a PDS file under that specified name in that specified location. I can find no other file other than PDS for that file name in any other location.

Is it impossible for anyone to tell me step by step how to do this?

Oh, and no one seems to know how to just "close" a file in PD9 without closing out the entire program.
Thanks again for the response, but the problem remains as I stated before. No matter what format I "produce" the video in, it still ends up as a PDS file and when I email that file it shows up as PDS program without the clip.

All I'm trying to find out is how do you email a file produced with PD9? No matter where I look, I can't find the answer to this question.
Also, all the clips I've "produced" with Power Director are saved as PDS files, whether they are MPEG, or AVI, or MOV, they all end up saved as PDS files. Attaching one of these files to an email results in nothing but a version of PD9 being received the person I've emailed it to.

Are you saying that when I produce an MPEG file it is saved somewhere else under a different format than PDS??
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, I "produced" it as an MPEG 2 file. But when I attach that file to an email, the recipient gets a truncated version of Power Director 9, but no MPEG file.

And, how exactly do you close a file you've been working on without shutting down the entire program? Usually with almost all software, you click on "File," then "Close," but PD9 has nothing like that.

Thanks.
Edited a video clip in Power Director 9, aved it as an MPEG 2 file, and emailed it. But the person receiving the email doesn't get the clip, they just get a version of Power Director 9 software that does nothing. No way to access the clip I emailed. How do you email a Power Director Clip???

Also, I've noticed after you're done editing a clip, you can't just close the file in Power Director 9. You have to close out the entire program and then restart it. Am I missing something or is this the most counter-intuitive software ever developed?
Go to: